Here Lies Bridget by Paige Harbison

Title: Here Lies Bridget
Written by: Paige Harbison
Release date: February, 2011
Pages: 208
Source: Netgalley, Harlequin

My Feelings:


Description:
Heroine, Bridget Duke, rules her high school, but when she crashes her car and ends up in limbo, she must confront the people she has wronged, all of whom want her to go to hell. The outcome of these meetings will decide her final destination.

My Review:
When I saw the book at Netgalley I immediately requested a copy. The sound of a “Mean girl” who has to go confront the people she hurt was just too good to be true. I mean how would they react and what would she say. And how mean was she?

Bridgett is an annoying, arrogant, conceited and very mean character. She doesn’t really think before she speaks and the way she treats her friends is unacceptable. Even though she did had a conscience, she didn’t do the right thing. The character that really stood out for me was Meredith, the stepmother. She was so sweet and suffered a lot during the outbreaks from Bridgett. I thought she was a very thoughtful and caring woman.

Even though the character was really bugging me, I liked the plot a lot. It did irritate me at times to read the conversations again, but I did liked that we got to see the different points of view. Bridgett really gets to know herself and who she is inside.

Overall a great debut and I definitely recommend. It’s easy, quick and enjoyable for a lazy summer day.

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (31 januari 2011 om 07:46)  

Great review, Nina! I wish I had liked this one more, but I felt that the end was too rushed to redeem Bridget for me, unfortunately :)

Samita (Book Purring)  – (31 januari 2011 om 10:22)  

I've been curious about this book for a while, good to know you liked it. Also I did not know it was on netgalley (it makes it easier to get my hands on it hehe)

Shy  – (31 januari 2011 om 10:48)  

This is the first review I read on this book. The premise sounds really good and it intrigue me that there are quite a lot of books that has this kind of storylines these days.

YA Vampire Books  – (31 januari 2011 om 11:11)  

Great review! Bridget doesn't look like a character I would love, but the book sounds pretty good!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (31 januari 2011 om 11:45)  

Bridget does sound annoying! I've seen a lot of not so great reviews for this one, so glad you enjoyed it!

Blodeuedd  – (31 januari 2011 om 12:26)  

Nice review, I wonder what I would think. A good plot is great, but if the character bugs me then it kills the mood

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (31 januari 2011 om 15:01)  

This sounds interesting. I've been curious about this one. I'm strange tho... I like the cover. :)

Jenny N.  – (31 januari 2011 om 19:04)  

It sounds a lot like Before I Fall which I loved so I might just give this one a read. Thanks for the review.

Cari  – (31 januari 2011 om 21:04)  

Oh I'll have to look for this one.

Lauren  – (1 februari 2011 om 10:10)  

Glad to see you enjoyed this one as well! And I agree, the repeated conversations were annoying at times.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (1 februari 2011 om 12:32)  

Ew. She sounds like a butt munch ;) Great review!

notinthepink.com  – (1 februari 2011 om 16:47)  

Wow, I really like the sound of this one. Nina, you always pick up books I'd want to read. :D Great review.

~*~*~

Ceri

Myra Garces-Bacsal from GatheringBooks  – (2 februari 2011 om 02:14)  

Hello! You mentioned that the character was "bugging" you - any particular reason why this is so? Sounds like an interesting read.

hmsgofita  – (4 februari 2011 om 08:11)  

I love the cover. That would sell me anyway. Looks like a fun read.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP