In My Mailbox (37)

Every Sunday or Saturday (depends on how I feel) I will show you the books that I bought, received or borrowed! This meme/idea is hosted by TheStorySiren.


The Books that I BOUGHT are:
Necropolis by Anthony Horowitz: This is the fourth book in the Gatekeepers series and I didn't know that. I just bought it, because I wanted to know more about the City of the Dead. I'm still going to give it a try, even though I haven't read the first three. I hope I won't get lost without them.

Need by Carrie Jones: This book never really got my full attention. Why? Well, because there are so many good series out there and a lot that I haven't even completed reading yet. But it looked too good to pass.


The Young Che: Memories of Che Guevara by Ernesto Guevara Lynch: Ever since two months ago when I read Reminiscences of the Cuban Revolutionary War I wanted to know more about Che and how he became a revolutionair. This book is written by Che's father, so I'm looking forward reading how their bond was and how he was at a younger age.

The Way of Caesar by Irwin Isenberg: This looks like a really good book that I can use while teaching the kids about the Roman Empire and who Caesar was.


Greek and Roman myths and sagas: A great book that I can use in my internship classes.

The Last Knight: The Twilight of the Middle Ages and the Birth of the Modern Era by Norman F. Cantor: I love the Middle Ages. This one has been on my wishlist for years now and I saw this beautiful hard copy of it and knew I had to buy it. So I did and I'm excited to read it.


Papillon 1, Papillon 2 & Papillon 4 by Miwa Ueda: Never read manga before, but my best friend keeps telling me I should try one. So I decided to give this series a try. They have pretty covers and I like the story line. I already read 1 and 2 and thought they where fun. I didn't find book three.
What did you get? Something good?

Anna  – (30 januari 2011 om 01:52)  

Great mailbox! I haven't read Papillon but I remember reading the author's other series, Peach Girl, when I first started reading manga, it was cute. I'm glad to hear Papillon's fun, I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on it. Happy reading!

YA reader  – (30 januari 2011 om 03:23)  

You've got some great books here! - I need to get Need out of my library to read.

Mostly Reading YA

Blodeuedd  – (30 januari 2011 om 03:25)  

I like manga, it's cute :)

And oooh Need, good mailbox this week

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books  – (30 januari 2011 om 03:29)  

I'll be interested to see what you think about the Need series. I loved the first, was 'meh' about the second and the third was pretty good! I hope you enjoy your reads this week!

Check out my mailbox this week

Steph  – (30 januari 2011 om 04:33)  

ooo manga has always interested me. Gotta give it a try. I have to read Need soon! I've heard good things about it since the latest one came out

Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)  – (30 januari 2011 om 04:58)  

I really recommend reading the Gatekeepers series in order. It's not completely necessary, but it really is better that way. The story builds on itself, and the backstory isn't always explained well in the next book. I'm speaking from experience here :)

Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (30 januari 2011 om 05:59)  

Oh, awesome books all around, Nina! I'm fascinated by the premise of Necropolis, and I can't wait to see your review for it. I hope you enjoy all your books :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (30 januari 2011 om 07:23)  

Great books this week! I read and enjoyed Need, but wasn't a fan of the sequel. I hope you enjoy it. I also think The Last Knight and the Caesar book look interesting. I love historical fiction. I look forward to your reviews.

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth  – (30 januari 2011 om 09:06)  

That Che book sounds really interesting. Nice pile of quite varied books. =)

ajmitchell  – (30 januari 2011 om 09:23)  

Great mailbox this week! I really enjoyed Need so I hope you do as well. I haven't heard of any of the others. Glad to hear you enjoyed the manga series. I don't read it either (though I do watch a bit of anime) but I like the art style. Happy reading!

Missie  – (30 januari 2011 om 10:11)  

Nina, I hope Need is as good as it looks. And
The Young Che sounds very interesting.

Enjoy your great mix of books.

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (30 januari 2011 om 10:13)  

Like you, I love the Middle Ages. I hope you enjoy The Last Knight!

Also, I'm interested to see what you think of Necropolis (and if you can manage not to get lost while reading it). I've never read Anthony Horowitz, but I've been curious about his books for some time.

Have a great week!

Kelsey  – (30 januari 2011 om 10:23)  

I love the Need series. Enjoy all your books :)

Candace  – (30 januari 2011 om 10:26)  

I didn't like Need at all, but I seem to be in the minority so I hope you love it! I hope you love all your books!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (30 januari 2011 om 10:44)  

the last knight looks really interesting! i hadn't seen a lot of these before. enjoy!

Jenny N.  – (30 januari 2011 om 12:45)  

Need is another series that I haven't read either. Papillon looks like a fun manga and the covers looks so nice. Happy reading!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (30 januari 2011 om 15:33)  

The Manga looks good. Hope you like Need. I really enjoyed that one. :)

Jess  – (30 januari 2011 om 16:03)  

Great haul this week! I've read the first two books in the Need series. They are pretty interesting, but definitely not the best series I have read. I would still recommend reading it though!

Jessica Lawlor  – (30 januari 2011 om 19:15)  

I've heard good things about NEED! I hope you enjoy it!

Kelly  – (31 januari 2011 om 03:05)  

The Papillon covers are so cute! Have a great week :)

YA Vampire Books  – (31 januari 2011 om 11:12)  

What a great amount of books! Most of them are unknown to me, but they look interesting! Enjoy

Crystal - Princess of Pop Culture  – (31 januari 2011 om 19:46)  

The Need series caught my attention by having that pretty glitter on the covers :) I haven't read any of them yet, but plan to soon!

RAnn  – (1 februari 2011 om 04:59)  

The Last Knight looks beautiful

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP