Mystify by Artist Arthur

Title: Mystify
Written by: Artist Arthur
Release date: January, 2011
Pages: 256
Source: Netgalley, Kimani Tru
Part of: Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge

My Feelings:


Description:
Sometimes being an outsider is the best way to fit in…

Sasha Carrington has grown up feeling like an outsider, and her parents are too concerned with scaling the Lincoln, Connecticut, social ladder to even notice her. They’d be really horrified to know about the supernatural abilities Sasha and her friends Krystal and Jake possess. But as part of the Mystyx, Sasha has found her place.

Now her parents have suddenly taken an interest in everything she does, and their timing couldn’t be worse. Sasha’s father wants her to become BFFs with snooty Alyssa Turner, who hates Krystal for stealing her boyfriend. Then there’s Antoine Watson, the boy Sasha has liked forever, the boy her parents would never approve of. But with the dark side getting more dangerous by the day, and the Mystyx’s own powers growing in unexpected ways, Sasha is facing choices that could affect her friends, her love life—and even her destiny…

My Review:
I wondered if I should read this, because after all I didn’t read Manifest, the first book in this series, but I did. I found it enjoyable, but nothing really stood out for me.

Sasha is strong, friendly and powerful. The relationship she has with her parents is a though one. Her parents are more into money then into their daughter. And she’s practically raised by the housekeeper. I wished Sasha would just stand up for herself and tell her parents that she need them to love her. But every time they expected her to play the good little rich girl, she just did.

I liked the relationship between Sasha and Antoine. He is sweet and very honest. The paranormal aspect was there, but I wished there was more of it. There are a lot of questions that are being raised while reading this book and I wonder if book three is going to give answers.

All in all I really enjoyed reading Mystify and I’ am looking forward reading book number three, Mayhem.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (20 januari 2011 om 06:46)  

I tried the first and didn't dig it. You have me thinking I should try this one instead :)

YA Vampire Books  – (20 januari 2011 om 08:17)  

Sounds like a decent, but not extraordinary, series! nothing I would buy, but maybe borrow from the library,.

Blodeuedd  – (20 januari 2011 om 11:10)  

Nice review, of course I am not sure if it is for me, you raised an interesting point there

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (20 januari 2011 om 11:45)  

I don't think this one is for me, but I did like your review. Glad you enjoyed it and I hope you enjoy the next book as well!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (20 januari 2011 om 14:25)  

Sounds like an OK read, maybe not for me, but I enjoyed your review. I saw the first book on Netgalley a while back, but never got around to requesting it.

Jenny N.  – (20 januari 2011 om 19:23)  

Nice review! I should probably read this one since I did read the first book and want to continue with the series.

....Petty Witter  – (21 januari 2011 om 08:00)  

Sounds like a pretty average read, sadly the cover puts me off.

vvb32 reads  – (21 januari 2011 om 09:38)  

i tried the first too and was lukewarm about reading the second. maybe.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (21 januari 2011 om 11:09)  

Great review!! I kind of felt the same way about manifest...

campbele  – (24 januari 2011 om 08:18)  

That cover exudes the power you mentioned, doesn't it?! Isn't there some paranormal in this series?

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP