Crave by Melinda Metz & Laura J. Burns

Title: Crave
Written by: Melinda Metz & Laura J. Burns
Release date: September, 2010
Pages: 256
Source: Bought
Part of: Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge


My Feelings:


Description:
Shay has had a rare blood disorder since she was born. In fact, her mother married one of Shay’s doctors, Martin, who left his world-renowned leukemia research to try and figure out exactly what the disorder is and how to cure it. When she turns seventeen, Martin begins to give her new blood transfusions that make her feel the strongest she has ever felt. But she also has odd visions where she sees through the eyes of a vampire

My Review:
Crave is a book that I devoured in a couple of hours. And that says enough!

Shay is a 17 year old girl who lives a very sheltered live. At times she acts careless and impulsive. And even though I understand why she acts that way, I really thought that she could have taking it down a notch.

Gabriel is very guarded and protective of his family. I liked his character a lot.
I liked the relationship that was developing between Gabriel and Shay. And I cannot wait to read more about it in the sequel. It felt so real and honest.

The plot is great. The memories that Shay gets from Gabriel are so vivid and so lively, that the build up to actually ‘meet’ Gabriel was just unbearable. There where these moments reading this story that I hoped that Shay got a new transfusion, just so I could read more about him. The story is a real page turner and I had a really hard time putting it aside for a few moments to get a drink.

With a cliff-hanger that left me with a mouth wide open I cannot wait to read the sequel.
I definitely recommend Crave.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (10 februari 2011 om 11:34)  

Oh, sounds good! I haven't heard much about this one before. Loved your review!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (10 februari 2011 om 12:27)  

FAB review. I can't wait to try this one.

Blodeuedd  – (10 februari 2011 om 13:15)  

Eeek, cliffhanger, the thing I hate the most in the world. They are those that make me wait and read book 1 when book 2 is out ;)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (10 februari 2011 om 14:55)  

Well, looks like I might wait until the next one is up before I get it. That way I won't "crave" the next so bad (yes, pun intended...lol). ;)

Jenny N.  – (10 februari 2011 om 18:33)  

Lol seeing the guy on the cover I thought Shay was guy when I was reading the book summary.

Cari  – (10 februari 2011 om 21:24)  

I'm glad you liked it! I really enjoyed Crave and I'm ready for book 2

notinthepink.com  – (11 februari 2011 om 14:36)  

Ooh, I'm loving the sound of the story. :D

Though I got a bit confused at first because I know someone called 'Shay' but he's a boy, not a girl. :P

~*~*~

Ceri

June G  – (12 februari 2011 om 05:55)  

I've seen this book around, but never heard anyone talk about it. You've made it sound so good! I think I'm going to check it out. Thanks Nina!

Darlyn  – (12 februari 2011 om 23:59)  

A book that maybe devours me too.Thanks for sharing!

Nina  – (16 februari 2011 om 10:59)  

Melissa (Books and Things): Got it! ;) lol

Missie  – (11 maart 2011 om 10:16)  

Gah! Nina! Didn't that ending just kill you? I still can't believe it. *sobs*

But yeah, I devoured this book too. Can't wait for the next book!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP