Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.

The Netherlands - The United States

I love that the girl is running away from something on the Dutch cover. And that green dress is stunning. I like that the authors name is on top and is a different colour than the title. That pink really looks good on that cover. If I hadn't read the book I would be wondering why she's running in the woods. It makes me want to pick it up and read it ASAP. I also love the US cover, but the Dutch cover really stands out for me. So for me it's Dutch!

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Blodeuedd  – (1 februari 2011 om 08:29)  

The US one cos that one is kind of silent but you get this feeling of danger.
The Dutch one, well why is she running in the pretty dress? I just get a feeling that she is running from a bad prom date

Christina T  – (1 februari 2011 om 08:40)  

Both covers are nice but I kind of like the U.S. cover more because it depicts Mary's grim world (although I do like the new U.S. paperback cover too which is more modern looking). The Dutch cover is very pretty but looks like it fits better with a contemporary suspense novel.

Nina  – (1 februari 2011 om 09:21)  

Blodeuedd: That's true. ;) lol. Why is she in that dress? I don't know, but it's pretty!

Christina: I love the US paperback cover too. I actually have that one. :)

Lauren  – (1 februari 2011 om 10:06)  

While I do like the green dress on the Dutch cover, my overall favorite would have to be the US one, because I feel that it better suits what the book is about.

Nina  – (1 februari 2011 om 10:18)  

Lauren: I do agree that it has a more creepy vibe ;) And that's what I felt reading the story. So it does suits better with the vibe.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (1 februari 2011 om 10:32)  

I'd have to say the US one. It isn't immediately clear that she is running. Too static of a picture.

Jenny N.  – (1 februari 2011 om 10:46)  

I have to pick the US one as its more true to the story. What the girl on th Dutch cover is wearing doesnt match with the story.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (1 februari 2011 om 10:49)  

Mmmmm...tough choice. I like the colours on the Dutch cover, but I think the image on the US cover represents the story better.

This book was so bleak! :/

Ladybug  – (1 februari 2011 om 11:54)  

I like the Dutch cover but I prefer the US one. I can't quite explain why, I just do :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (1 februari 2011 om 12:32)  

Dutch! It makes me relate to the character more.

Kelsey  – (1 februari 2011 om 14:28)  

I like the US book better, because, like Lauren said, it better suits the feel of the book. The Dutch one is nice though!

Christina / Book Addict  – (1 februari 2011 om 16:18)  

This is tough; I like both of them,but I am going to have to go with the US cover. It seems to fit the book better. I agree with Leanna- this book was bleak--I had nightmares! ;)

Shy  – (1 februari 2011 om 18:37)  

I actually don't like either as I am still terribly in love with the UK's cover. Simple yet beautiful!

Andrea  – (2 februari 2011 om 14:19)  

US cover for me. It seems sadder like the book.

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (2 februari 2011 om 15:32)  

I think I'm going with the US cover because it's darker and more haunting than the UK one :)

YA Vampire Books  – (3 februari 2011 om 11:24)  

I first thought the girl on the Dutch cover looked awkward, than I saw that she was running away! :P I still prefer the US one though

hmsgofita  – (4 februari 2011 om 08:09)  

I definitely would have to go with the the US cover. It fits better. The Dutch cover just is kind of weird with her face contorted and running in a pretty green dress. BUt I also love the paperback version the best. It's more haunting. But I love seeing other versions!

Lily Child  – (7 februari 2011 om 03:53)  

Hmmmm...I think I'd have to go with the US cover for this one! :)

Cleverly Inked  – (8 februari 2011 om 06:52)  

The US, The colors on the other clash

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP