Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.

The Netherlands - The United States

I just have to say that I adore both covers. I love that the covers of the sequels fits perfectly with the first books. They both are beautiful, seriously J'adore. The Dutch cover has something sad and serious to it, and I would pick it up if I saw it at the bookstore. I can't choose. Can you?

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

By the way: Here are the covers of the first book 'If I Stay'. A while back I already did a Dutch Cover Alert post for this book, but if you haven't commented then, which cover do you like the best?

The Netherlands - The United States

Lu  – (23 februari 2011 om 06:19)  

I prefer both US covers :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (23 februari 2011 om 06:41)  

I like the first Dutch cover, b/c I'm not a fan of the model on the US cover, but I really like the US cover on the bottom set of books. I think it captures the story a little bit better.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (23 februari 2011 om 07:23)  

Oooh, I like them both. It's hard to pick! I think I will just about go for the US covers, as I really like the colours used.

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiner's Book Blog)  – (23 februari 2011 om 07:42)  

I like the Dutch cover better overal, but I don't like the font as much for Where she Went.

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Jenny N.  – (23 februari 2011 om 08:06)  

I can't pick so its a tie...they both look great.

Missie  – (23 februari 2011 om 08:22)  

No! Don't make me pick just one. I love them both, and I can not wait to read Where She Went.

I think the Dutch cover is just as lovely as the U.S. Though I wish the picture of the girl on the Dutch cover wasn't embellished with those flowers.

Andrea  – (23 februari 2011 om 08:38)  

I like the US just a bit more, but both are very good. I like how they each match the first book too.

Lu @ Regular Rumination  – (23 februari 2011 om 08:40)  

I have to admit, I hate those US covers. I always have and I don't know why. I just don't believe that girl is Mia? Maybe. I definitely prefer the girl in the Dutch covers, but I really miss the original hardcover cover. It was the best!

YA Vampire Books  – (23 februari 2011 om 09:55)  

The Dutch covers look very similar to the Swedish ones! For If I Stay this is def. a Dutch win. For Whre She Went, I really like both covers!

Jenny  – (23 februari 2011 om 11:31)  

Ohhh I actually really like both in this case! Usually I have a strong preference for one, but both have such interesting looks. I think I like the use of color in both US covers, I like that misty gray/blue in the background against her skin and hair, but I like the design elements in the Dutch covers - the florals on her face in the first one and the vines on the bottom one:) Thanks for sharing Nina, I love covers!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (23 februari 2011 om 11:59)  

I think the color in the first one showed rocks, but I like the placement of the Dutch version in the second better. However, I think the color just adds something here. Hm...

Blodeuedd  – (23 februari 2011 om 12:50)  

The Dutch ones are not bad, but I like that the US has colors so those

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (23 februari 2011 om 13:29)  

they're really similar but i really like the us covers better.

booksntea  – (23 februari 2011 om 14:37)  

I like both the Dutch covers better than the U.S. covers. I like the font better. I like the flowers that appear on the dutch covers too. I mean, I think those are flowers that are on the cover of where she went. I guess they kind of look like lily pads. They're so subtle. I also like the colors better. I don't care much for the color blue.

- Jackie

notinthepink.com  – (23 februari 2011 om 15:04)  

I prefer both Dutch covers. :D I love the black and white theme. It reminds me of old black and white films ... so romantic and glamourous looking.

~*~*~

Ceri

Cari  – (23 februari 2011 om 21:34)  

I have to go with the US version

Anna  – (24 februari 2011 om 00:04)  

Wow, I love both versions, this is really hard to choose, haha. I love the tone and colors of the US version but the Dutch covers are so elegant and pretty. Oooh, but if I had to choose, I would go for the US covers.

....Petty Witter  – (24 februari 2011 om 07:01)  

I like the Dutch cover on the first book as it is very 60's and the US cover on the second as it is so dramatic.

bermudaonion  – (24 februari 2011 om 10:47)  

It's interesting that the covers are similar in both cases.

BooksforCompany  – (24 februari 2011 om 14:38)  

Great post, very interesting.
I like the Dutch covers but l think it kind of reminds me of advertising for a perfume or something!
USA covers for me!

Shantal  – (24 februari 2011 om 18:51)  

Oh well I believe both are beautiful , If I saw them on a bookstore I would have a hard time picking one, :P , I think the Dutch cover is the winner :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP