Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook

Title: Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood
Written by: Eileen Cook
Release date: January, 2010
Pages: 224
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
Popularity is the best revenge.

In the final weeks of eighth grade, Lauren Wood made a choice. She betrayed her best friend, Helen, in a manner so publicly humiliating that Helen had to move to a new town just to save face. Ditching Helen was worth it, though, because Lauren started high school as one of the It Girls--and now, at the start of her senior year, she's the cheerleading captain, the quarterback's girlfriend, and the undisputed queen bee. Lauren has everything she's ever wanted, and she has forgotten all about her ex-best friend.

But Helen could never forget Lauren. After three years of obsessing, she's moving back to her old town. She has a new name and a new look, but she hasn't dropped her old grudges. She has a detailed plan to bring down her former BFF by taking away everything that's ever been important to Lauren—starting with her boyfriend.

Watch out, Lauren Wood. Things are about to get bitchy.

My Review:
OMG, Getting Revenge On Lauren Wood is the best light hearted book I read so far this year.

Helen is a great character that just needed to learn that revenge isn’t everything.
She really believed that what she was doing was the right thing and that she was helping other girls who got hurt by Lauren too. I didn’t like Lauren at all. She is spiteful, rude and inconsiderate. And therefore I really wanted to see how she would fall of her pedestal. One thing about being on top of the world is that it gives you a long way to fall and yes, I was waiting for that fall to come.

The plot is just fun. It reminded me a lot of the movie Mean Girls. There’s still a bit of romance in, which is unexpected, but so much fun. The things Helen do to get revenge on Lauren was hilarious.

Because I loved Getting Revenge On Lauren Wood, I’m planning to read the debut novel of Eileen Cook “What Would Emma do?”. Getting Revenge On Lauren Wood is a book you should get!

*An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind* Mahatma Gandhi

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (24 februari 2011 om 06:12)  

This one sounds fun. It definitely reminds me of Mean Girls - I love that movie!

....Petty Witter  – (24 februari 2011 om 06:59)  

Sounds like a fun read, I love the cover.

Cleverly Inked  – (24 februari 2011 om 07:24)  

This cover reminds me of Pretty Little Liars

Willa  – (24 februari 2011 om 08:23)  

Cool! This sounds like a great comfort read and what a perfect cover!

bermudaonion  – (24 februari 2011 om 10:46)  

That sounds like fun and what a cute cover!

Jenny N.  – (24 februari 2011 om 10:53)  

Sounds great! I've read her two other YA books and this is the only one of her's I haven't read.

Blodeuedd  – (24 februari 2011 om 12:14)  

Lol, that cover, I mean, it is so perfect. I am happy you liked it :D

Missie  – (24 februari 2011 om 14:30)  

Nina, The cover is just too cute and the premise sounds fun, so I'm not surprised that this book was very enjoyable! I'm been so curious about it and I'm glad to know it is worth the read.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (24 februari 2011 om 14:47)  

I'm glad it was so fun. That cover is so funny that I would have been disappointed otherwise! Great review!

Shantal  – (24 februari 2011 om 18:45)  

Sounds like a fun read :D Thanks for the recommendation I was looking for something like this. Great Review !!

notinthepink.com  – (25 februari 2011 om 04:39)  

Ha! This sounds like such a fun read. :D It sounds like the plot of a funny film I'd definitely watch.

~*~*~

Ceri

Jenny  – (25 februari 2011 om 07:52)  

Oh I like the sound of this one! Sometimes you just need a fun, light-hearted read, and this one seems to fit the bill perfectly! I hadn't heard much about this one, so thanks for your review Nina!

YA Vampire Books  – (26 februari 2011 om 01:01)  

Sounds like a fun book! I thought it would be a more serious story, but I'm a big fan of funny so I don't mind! :)

Kelsey  – (26 februari 2011 om 16:52)  

I loved this book as well. Can't wait to read more by Eileen! Great review :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP