Graphic Novels (3-1)

Sky Doll, The Yellow City by Alessandro Barbucci
Title: Sky Doll, The Yellow City
Written by: Alessandro Barbucci, illustrated by Barbara Canepa
Release date: March, 2000
Pages: 46
Source: Library

My Feelings:



Description:

Meet Noa, a so-called Sky Doll; a life-like female android without rights, who exists only to serve the State's needs and desires. But when Noa meets two so-called "missionaries" who aid in her escape from her tyrannical master, all hell breaks loose for our cyborg siren as she uncovers clues that she may be much more than just a robotic toy.

My Review:
I didn’t know what to expect from this graphic novel. I don’t really like science fiction, but after looking at the drawings I completely am loving it so far. The drawings of this novel are beautiful. They are cartoony in a way, very lively and shiny. I thought the story was fun, a bit weird at the beginning, but it grew on me. I thought the Sky Doll was so sweet and I felt sorry for her that she didn’t was a human. It ended with a cliff-hanger, so I’m glad I had book 2 in my possession.

Sky Doll, Aqua by Alessandro Barbucci
Title: Sky Doll, Aqua
Written by: Alessandro Barbucci, illustrated by Barbara Canepa
Release date: March, 2003
Pages: 48
Source: Library

My Feelings:




Description:

Noa, Roy and Jahu are going to Aqua for a mission. But Roy and Noa quickly find out what Jahu is planning to do on Aqua.

My Review:I liked this one a bit more than I did the first book. The relationship that is developing between Roy and Noa is fun to read about. The characters are great. I liked all of them, even Lodovica the power-mad ruler. Maybe deep down she’s good. I was bit confused about the Miracolatore, is he good or not? I really need to find out, before Noa is going to trust him. Again I love the pictures! So good.

Sky Doll, The White City by Alessandro Barbucci

Title:
Sky Doll, The White City
Written by: Alessandro Barbucci, illustrated by Barbara Canepa
Release date: March, 2006
Pages: 46
Source: Library

My Feelings:


Description:
Noa, Roy and Jahu travel to the White City, only to found out that one of them is holding a secret.

My Review:
The third book is the best. Seriously this one was very good. It’s still a big mystery what Noa’s destiny is going to be, but it gets clearer that she and Agape have a connection. Also I loved the action and the surprises in this story. I did not see it all coming. The book ends with another cliff-hanger and I cannot wait to read the fourth book in this series.

Shweta  – (5 februari 2011 om 04:28)  

I love graphic novels .This one seems to have a good plotting running in it . Have you read Persepolis?

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (5 februari 2011 om 04:34)  

These look really interesting. Thanks for sharing them with us :)

Blodeuedd  – (5 februari 2011 om 04:45)  

They look good :)

Have you read the Fables graphic novels? They are nice

Sullivan McPig  – (5 februari 2011 om 08:14)  

I love the Skydoll series!
Did you know Barbucci also started out drawing the comicbook series W.I.T.C.H.? When it became popular it was taken over by other illustrators, but those first issues are so beautiful!

Jenny N.  – (5 februari 2011 om 10:44)  

The only graphic novels I've read are the Bone series so will have to add this one to my reading list.

Jessica (BookLover)  – (5 februari 2011 om 11:08)  

I've only read one graphic novel: Twilight (the graphic novel).

Glad you're enjoying the books. I'll have to look into them. :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (5 februari 2011 om 14:01)  

Oh I need to read some graphic novels. I just might have to pick this one up. The plot is unusual.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (6 februari 2011 om 06:32)  

Btw, have an unusual award for you: http://melissawatercolor.blogspot.com/2011/02/funweird-things-in-net.html

Cleverly Inked  – (8 februari 2011 om 06:50)  

I guess it's just me but why are their breast hanging out?

Nina  – (15 februari 2011 om 09:33)  

Cleverly Inked: She's a life-like female android without rights, who exists only to serve the State's needs and desires...yeah, that really explains it. lol. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP