Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber

Title: Once in a Full Moon
Written by: Ellen Schreiber
Release date: December, 2010
Pages: 304
Source: Received from NG & Katherine Tegen Books
Part of: Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge

My Feelings:


Description:
Beware of a kiss under the full moon. It will change your life forever.
Celeste Parker is used to hearing scary stories about werewolves—Legend's Run is famous for them. She's used to everything in the small town until Brandon Maddox moves to Legend's Run and Celeste finds herself immediately drawn to the handsome new student. But when, after an unnerving visit with a psychic, she encounters a pack of wolves and gorgeous, enigmatic Brandon, she must discover whether his transformation is more than legend or just a trick of the shadows in the moonlight.
Her best friends may never forgive her if she gives up her perfect boyfriend, Nash, for Brandon, who's from the wrong side of town. But she can't deny her attraction or the strong pull he has on her. Brandon may be Celeste's hero, or he may be the most dangerous creature she could encounter in the woods of Legend's Run.

My Review:
Just take a look at that cover. Isn’t it beautiful. I really thought that this would be a great addition to other werewolf books, but unfortunately it did not deliver.

Celeste is a character I just could not relate too. She was afraid of what her friends might think of her if she would follow her heart and be with the guy she really wants. I understand that this might upset a young teenage girl, but I do not consider those two girls as friends. They where only thinking of themselves and where scared to lose their popularity status. Also I could not understand that Celeste had a hard time breaking up with Nash. Yes, he is attractive, athletic and popular, but that doesn’t make him perfect boyfriend material.

The plot is okay. It could have been a lot better if I could feel some suspense and if there was some action involved. However I did like the paranormal aspect of it and I have to say I have not read a story yet where the boy changes into a werewolf that just was a man with a goatee. Such fun!

I am glad that this was only 304 pages, because it could have been easily put a side and left there for days. Once in a Full Moon is an easy, quick read that middle graders and younger teens will enjoy, but sadly it was not for me.

Erika  – (21 februari 2011 om 03:17)  

Sadly, I don't think this is for me, either. I've read a handful of negative reviews, I think I'm going to have to pass on buying it. I've got to give it props for its cover, though- it really is quite gorgeous!

YA Vampire Books  – (21 februari 2011 om 03:32)  

:( Such a pitty that the book doesn't live up to its beautiful cover!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (21 februari 2011 om 04:25)  

Bummer! I had high hopes. Thanks for your honesty :)

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (21 februari 2011 om 06:48)  

I've actually seen a couple of reviews like this, and despite the gorgeous cover, I just can't pick it up if it's not worth it. There are SO many great books to read otherwise. Thanks for your honest review, Nina! :D

Jenny  – (21 februari 2011 om 07:04)  

I had a really hard time with this one too Nina, I just couldn't understand Celeste and why she was friends with people who just wanted her to be popular instead of happy. And the werewolf element was odd, his werewolf form seemed just to be long hair and a goatee. Nice review, I completely agree on this one!

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiner's Book Blog)  – (21 februari 2011 om 07:25)  

I couldn't get into this one either-- thanks for honest reivew.

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Andrea  – (21 februari 2011 om 08:37)  

Yeah, I didn't like this one either. It was just too clichéd.

ajmitchell  – (21 februari 2011 om 08:44)  

I've got this one on my shelf and have heard mixed reviews. Going into it, knowing that it's better for younger readers will probably help me like it more. Thanks for the honest review!

Jenny N.  – (21 februari 2011 om 08:55)  

I pretty much thought the same about Celeste and story. From the cover I thought it would be a darker werewolf read so was disappointed also.

Kelsey  – (21 februari 2011 om 08:57)  

I was really looking forward to reading this, the plot and cover looked awesome. I'm sorry it disappointed you!

bermudaonion  – (21 februari 2011 om 09:10)  

Sorry to see this was a stinker for you.

vvb32 reads  – (21 februari 2011 om 09:26)  

too bad. the cover does look inviting for an interesting werewolf tale.

Christina / Book Addict  – (21 februari 2011 om 09:46)  

Thanks for the honest review. I was interested in it, but I think I will hold off. I'm sorry you were disappointed -- and you are right--the cover makes it look so promising!

Shweta  – (21 februari 2011 om 10:19)  

Sounds like a very clichéd plot Nina :) But I would say I love the cover ..

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (21 februari 2011 om 10:57)  

It sounds like they were going for the popular cliché rather than the story. Too bad it wasn't a great plot or characterization. Don't think this one is for me. Thanks for the honest review!

Blodeuedd  – (21 februari 2011 om 12:30)  

Yikes, only 300 pages, by the sound of this book that would be too much for me.

But the cover, lovely

Jenn (Books At Midnight)  – (21 februari 2011 om 12:44)  

Great review, though I guess this one's not for me... I hate girls that worry TOO much about popularity, though I agree on the very, very pretty cover. Thanks for the heads up. :)

hmsgofita  – (21 februari 2011 om 13:45)  

One more off my list! Thanks for the review.

BooksforCompany  – (21 februari 2011 om 15:37)  

I have seen quite a few negative reviews on this and it makes me think it's not worth the time :/

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (21 februari 2011 om 15:41)  

I have yet to read a positive review of this one, so I'll definitely be giving it a miss!

Anna  – (21 februari 2011 om 17:37)  

Awww, that's sad to hear. The cover is gorgeous though, sad the story wasn't as good. I didn't really enjoy the author's other series either, guess I won't be trying this one.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (21 februari 2011 om 18:02)  

Sorry the book didn't deliver as you had hoped. But the cover is amazing looking. :)

Thanks for a great review. It was a new book for me to learn about. :)

Christie (The Fiction Enthusiast)  – (22 februari 2011 om 06:58)  

Sorry you didn’t love this one :( I hate when I find the main character not to my liking. Thanks for the honest review!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP