Radiance by Alyson Noel

Title: Radiance
Written by: Alyson Noel
Release date: August, 2010
Pages: 192
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
Riley has crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. She has picked up life where she left off when she was alive, living with her parents and dog in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. When she’s summoned before The Council, she learns that the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a possibly cute, seemingly nerdy boy who’s definitely hiding something. They return to earth together for Riley’s first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But all of that was before he met Riley . . .

My Review:
Last year I wanted to try the first book in the Immortal series, but read some mixed reviews about it, and decided otherwise. The author self wasn’t on my radar for some while now, but then I saw the beautiful cover of Radiance and decided it was time!

Riley is a young fun, good-natured girl. She doesn’t pout or gets into a bad mood, just because she’s assigned a job as a soul catcher. I liked this character a lot. Bodhi is another fun character. At first I thought he was a bit too serious, not light hearted, but toward the end his character changed. And then of course we have Buttercup, the dog who is loyal, and playful.

The plot is another thing I really thought was great. There’s enough action and scary bits to keep me entertained. The trip they make was an adventure itself and I thought the dog was very brave.

Radiance is a quick, easy read with characters you will grow to love and care for. I’m looking forward reading the next installment, Shimmer.

Shweta  – (17 februari 2011 om 03:21)  

I hope to read this book soon. I have read the first book by in Immortal Series and it was ok. Just hope this one is lot better :)

Lily Child  – (17 februari 2011 om 03:54)  

Great review! I alllmost picked it up at the bookstore once. :P

Christina / Book Addict  – (17 februari 2011 om 04:27)  

Great review! I completely agree with you. After reading Radiance, I immediately put this one on my classroom library's shelf; my students love it! And how cute is Buttercup! Love him!

bermudaonion  – (17 februari 2011 om 04:29)  

I love that cover too, so I'm glad to see the book lived up to it!

Jillian  – (17 februari 2011 om 05:02)  

I really want to read this book since that cover is really attractive to me. Great review.

Jenny  – (17 februari 2011 om 06:58)  

I've been thinking about reading this one, I haven't read her other series either because of the mixed reviews, but this one sounds cute and I'm always looking for a quick, easy read:) Thanks Nina!

Kelsey  – (17 februari 2011 om 06:59)  

I enjoyed this as well. Great review! Can't wait for Shimmer :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (17 februari 2011 om 10:52)  

I enjoyed this one too. I agree so much with your review. I want to read Shimmer as well. Oh, and I loved the dog too. :)

Jenny N.  – (17 februari 2011 om 11:42)  

I've started the Immortal books and remember Riley. Great review, maybe I will give this one a read too.

vvb32 reads  – (17 februari 2011 om 12:26)  

i've seen this cover around and never really read the description about it until now. i like the soul catcher concept. and glad to hear this is a good one to try.

Blodeuedd  – (17 februari 2011 om 13:13)  

Nice review :)
But I really should read those other books about he sis first

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (17 februari 2011 om 13:46)  

This was cute, but it was just too young for my tastes, and I thought Riley was kinda bratty here. I love the covers for the series though.

You should give the first Immortals book a try. The first book is amazing, but the rest of the books in the series don't really live up to it.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (17 februari 2011 om 14:21)  

This sounds great. I wonder if I would dig it.

Brianne  – (17 februari 2011 om 16:17)  

Great review! I've been thinking about getting this at the library, but wasn't sure because I liked the mystery of what happened to Riley after she died. But if it's worth reading, I will probably end up getting it at the library. :)

Small Review  – (17 februari 2011 om 18:49)  

This book sounds sweet. I like that there's a dog in it. I'll be curious to see what you think of the sequel. Thanks for your review!

Shy  – (18 februari 2011 om 06:55)  

The only reason I didn't pick up this book is because of its number of pages :-S I know how silly that sounds like! Though I am glad to hear that it is good and you enjoyed it. Are you thinking of starting the Immortal series after this?

Nina  – (18 februari 2011 om 07:41)  

Leanne & Shy: I may give the other books a try. Then if I like the first one, read the others. :)

Cari  – (20 februari 2011 om 11:15)  

I though it was a cute read.

notinthepink.com  – (20 februari 2011 om 16:07)  

This sounds like an interesting concept and a sweet story. :) Great review.

~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP