Wolven by Di Toft

Title: Wolven
Written by: Di Toft
Release date: June, 2010
Pages: 336
Source: Bought
Part of: Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge

My Feelings:


Description:
With his big snaggly teeth, patchy black fur, and glowing golden eyes, Woody is far from the cutest of dogs, yet Nat is strangely drawn to the rough mutt that howls at the moon. And before long Nat discovers that Woody's not a dog at all--he's a wolven: a shape-shifter who changes from wolf to boy without much warning. A secret government agency knows about Woody's mutant status, too, and wants to trap him and turn him into a hairy new breed of bioweapon. To escape capture, and to make sense of Woody's strange identity, the two friends--boy and werewolf--set off on a great adventure.

My Review:
When I saw the book “Wolven” lying on one the shelves at the English bookstore, I picked it up and immediately started to read the description on the back. It sounded like a fun shape shifter story, one that I would enjoy reading during my breaks from studying.

Nat is a young boy that could use a backbone. I started to like him, but then after some guys bullied him, he didn’t do anything to stop it. He just gave everything they asked from him and thought that was the right way to handle things.
Woody is a great character. I liked him a lot. He is so honest and so loving. I felt sorry for him that they where after him.

The plot is nice. The action and adventure of Nat and Woody are fun to read about. I don’t know if the author was trying to make the readers of the book laugh, because the end was a bit weird. You got some oldies trying to save everybody. It could have been hilarious, but I just didn’t feel it.

I recommend Wolven for younger kids, middle graders, who love to read about an adventure involving a shape shifter.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (14 februari 2011 om 07:58)  

What a fun cover! Great review. I love the sound of this.

Jenny N.  – (14 februari 2011 om 09:42)  

I thought this would be a fun book just from seeing the cover too.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (14 februari 2011 om 12:53)  

Sounds like a cute book even if it didn't totally capture your heart. :) Still, I can see my younger cousins loving it. Thanks for the honest review!

Blodeuedd  – (14 februari 2011 om 13:36)  

Lol, sounds like a fun story, not for me, but I would have read it when younger

Cozy in Texas  – (15 februari 2011 om 03:45)  

This sounds like a fun read.
Ann

Brianne  – (15 februari 2011 om 17:28)  

Definitely sounds like something I would have read when I was younger. Something cute like that. I'll have to recomend it to my little cousin. He likes to read. :)

Nina  – (16 februari 2011 om 11:00)  

Brianne: Yes, def. for younger readers! :)

Andrea  – (16 februari 2011 om 13:50)  

Sounds cute. Love the cover!

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiner's Book Blog)  – (18 februari 2011 om 07:30)  

I haven't read much about the shape shifters but this sounds cute. The cover is different but cool.

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Nina  – (18 februari 2011 om 07:39)  

I agree with all of the comments that say that the cover really is fun. :)

Brandi: Same here. :)

notinthepink.com  – (19 februari 2011 om 09:19)  

Awww, this sounds like a fun read. It sounds like the kind of thing I would have picked up when I was in school. :D Sweet.

~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP