All My Friends Are Superheroes by Andrew Kauffman

Title: All My Friends Are Superheroes
Written by: Andrew Kauffman
Release date: October, 2003
Pages: 120
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
All Tom’s friends really are superheroes. There’s the Ear, the Spooner, the Impossible Man. Tom even married a superhero, the Perfectionist. But at their wedding, the Perfectionist was hypnotized to believe that Tom is invisible. Nothing he does can make her see him. Six months later, she’s sure that Tom has abandoned her. So she’s moving to Vancouver. She’ll use her superpower to make Vancouver perfect and leave all the heartbreak in Toronto. With no idea Tom’s beside her, she boards an airplane. Tom has until the wheels touch the ground in Vancouver to convince her he’s there, or he loses her forever.

My Review:
On my vacation in London I wanted to buy a short story book that I could read during the waiting time on the airport. I actually did not read this one at the airport, but I did read it on my way back and forth to college and home. All My Friends Are Superheroes is perfect. I adored it. It’s the perfect little book that you MUST read and yes I don’t say that very often.

The narrator of the story is Tom. Tom has no superpowers, is in love and married to the Perfectionist and has many friends that does has superpowers. I like Tom. He knows his flaws and he could not see why anyone with superpowers would like him. His love for Perfectionist shows trough the pages and made me like him more.

The story is short, but oh so sweet. There are these pages with introductions of the superheroes that are friends of Tom. These pages are hilarious. I could not help myself snicker in the train.

For example:
MR OPPORTUNITY
He knocks on doors and stands there. You’d be surprised how few doors get answered.

The plot is short, but bittersweet. I loved the last page of this small book. It was so smart, seriously if you read it, you will think duh. It makes my heart skip a beat.

All My Friends Are Superheroes is a book you MUST read. It’s so good. I whole hearty recommend this one to you.

mummazappa  – (7 maart 2011 om 04:48)  

This sounds adorable, just added it to my list.

Jenny  – (7 maart 2011 om 06:54)  

This sounds so cute! I never would have given it a second glance if you hadn't reviewed it, so thanks Nina! And I think I like Mr. Opportunity, I would be too nervous to knock on a stranger's door with no purpose and just stand there waiting for them to answer!

Jenny N.  – (7 maart 2011 om 08:31)  

Never heard of this one before but it sounds like a quirky read.

Missie  – (7 maart 2011 om 10:42)  

Awe! I hadn't heard of this story before, but it does sound fun. I can't imagine how hard it must be married to someone named Perfectionist when you have no powers of your own except maybe the power of love.

hehehehe

Now I sound corny. Thanks for sharing this book with us. :D

Missie  – (7 maart 2011 om 10:42)  

P.S. I wish I was on vacation in London right now. ;)

Blodeuedd  – (7 maart 2011 om 12:43)  

You know I would totally have passed on this one cos of that cover, pretty bleh. But glad to know there is something good behind it

notinthepink.com  – (7 maart 2011 om 12:53)  

This sounds like such an interesting and original idea for a book. You've got me really interested, Nina. Will definitely be looking out for that one. :D

~*~*~

Ceri

A Canadian Girl  – (7 maart 2011 om 14:35)  

This one sounds like a fun read and I love that it's set in Toronto. I'll be adding it to my wishlist.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (7 maart 2011 om 17:21)  

Oh this one does sound sweet. Plus with that cover... yep... I need to know Tom. He sounds interesting. Great review!

hmsgofita  – (7 maart 2011 om 17:44)  

This one does sound fun! I've added it to my list!

Lizzy  – (7 maart 2011 om 20:47)  

Sounds like a fun read! I hadn't heard of it, so thanks for the review. I'll have to keep an eye out for it :)

Nic @ Irresistible Reads  – (7 maart 2011 om 22:56)  

This sounds like a great read! And I love the quirkness of the cover :)

Nina  – (8 maart 2011 om 08:25)  

Missie; Me too! Well, no I rather be in a very warm country like Mexico or Argentina. ;) lol..


Nic: Me too! Í saw it at the bookstore and I thought how fun! ;)

Aths  – (9 maart 2011 om 19:56)  

Wow, this book sounds great - very thought-provoking and fun! I'm going to add it to my TBR!

Cari  – (10 maart 2011 om 20:18)  

I judge books by their covers sometimes and this is one I would have walked right past. I'll look for it now.

Anna  – (11 maart 2011 om 15:28)  

This book sounds so cute and fun! I love the really original sounding superheroes, haha.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP