Big Bouffant by Kate Hosford


Title:
Big Bouffant
Written by:
Kate Hosford
Release date:
April, 2011
Pages:
32
Source:
Netgalley, Carolrhoda Books

My Feelings:



Description:
Young Annabelle is distraught. There are so many boring, uniform hairstyles on the first day of school! With inspiration from her grandma and some help from her mom, Annabelle finds the perfect hairdo to help her stand out: a big bouffant. As the week unfolds, her gigantic hair brings giggles, admiration, and eventually... a whole classroom of copycats. This will not do. Annabelle must find a new way to be original. What will she concoct this time?

My Review:

I love this picture book. I want all my nieces to read this. Annabelle is a fun little girl who wants to be different from all the other girls from her class. She’s almost as a little Carrie Bradshaw (SATC) who loves fashion and standing out. The steps Annabelle takes to come up with something new is such fun.

The story is filled with colourful pictures that truly stand out almost as Annabelle herself. Just take a look at that wonderful cover and you immediately get the feeling of how the book is inside.

Being yourself and be original is the best advice for children nowadays. So when the book comes out in April I am going to buy a copy of it. I’m looking forward to more picture books by Kate Hosford.

Blodeuedd  – (29 maart 2011 om 13:16)  

Lol, sounds fun :) I like picture books too, kind of makes me wanna write one

Blueicegal ♥  – (29 maart 2011 om 14:58)  

LOL I love the thought of her being a little Carrie so adorable! :)

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (29 maart 2011 om 16:52)  

Oh, my little cousins would just LOVE this! I'll have to be on the lookout for it. Fab thoughts, Nina :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (29 maart 2011 om 17:59)  

I love the illustration on the cover. Oh, this looks like a good one for my little cousins like Melissa swims! :)

Jenny N.  – (29 maart 2011 om 18:29)  

Sounds like somethingk I would have liked to read as a kid. Also I love the cover and that she has so many different things stuck in her hair do.

Julie  – (30 maart 2011 om 00:02)  

Oh what a cute book! Terrific cover and title. I volunteer as a page at my local library. I shelf a lot of kids books. I love looking at the picture books! I'm going to recommend it to the children's librarian. Fab review :)

notinthepink.com  – (30 maart 2011 om 03:19)  

Awww I love the idea of this book. I wish I had kids - there are so many great books out there these days. :D

~*~*~

Ceri

Missie  – (30 maart 2011 om 16:15)  

I haven't read a picture book in a long time. This one looks so cute. I love the message it sends. Very positive.

Lily Child  – (30 maart 2011 om 23:25)  

This sounds like an adorable book! :)

Jenny  – (31 maart 2011 om 08:24)  

Oh my gosh look at that cover! I LOVE IT! I love illustrated books and this one makes me want to open it and devour each and every picture:)

Lisa  – (31 maart 2011 om 12:51)  

This looks like such a cute book. I think I'll check it out for my niece.

Andrea  – (31 maart 2011 om 13:59)  

Aw, that looks cute. I love the cover.

Darlyn  – (3 april 2011 om 09:31)  

It looks so cute! I would to read this to my sister =)

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiner's Book Blog)  – (8 april 2011 om 08:51)  

What ages do you think this is for? toddler, preschool, or even older?
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP