Comic Book Review (2-1)

5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth (And Other Useful Guides)
Title: 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth (And Other Useful Guides)
Written by: Matthew Inman
Release date: March, 2011
Pages: 160
Source: Andrews McMeel Publishing

My Feelings:


Description:
In Matthew Inman's 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth (And Other Useful Guides), samurai sword-wielding kittens and hamsters that love .50-caliber machine guns commingle with a cracked out Tyrannosaur that is extremely hard to potty train. Bacon is better than true love and you may awake in the middle of the night to find your nephew nibbling on your toes.

My Review:
Take in consideration that I just am warming up to comic books and that ‘5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth’ looked okay, that I am writing this short review for it. I liked the illustrations, they are fun and sketchy looking. The illustrations are very colourful and they honestly can break or make a story. And most of the time they totally where making me laugh. I liked the guides that are presented in this book. Some of them are hilarious, and some of them are not so funny. The guides I liked the most are: The 9 types of crappy handshakes, so funny, ten words you need to stop misspelling, which is quite helpful, how to suck at facebook, which is very true and I don’t even own a account, Failed hugs and some more. Overall I liked it, but unfortunately did not love it. I am still looking for a comic book that’s going to warm up my heart with joy. Still it gets three hearts, but I did liked it.

Rebelles-Libertad! Che Guevara

Title: Rebelles-Libertad! Che Guevara
Written by: Maryse et Jean-Francois Charles
Release date: 2009
Pages: 48
Source: Library

My Feelings:


Description:
A short story about the life of Che Guevara. How he grew up and how he has become one of the very best known fighters for freedom.

My Review:
This is a great comic book if you are a history teacher. A lot of kids today recognize the face of Che immediately when they see it. But they don’t know who he was, what he did and how he died. Here in Holland we don’t teach them about Cuba, because it’s not on our curriculum. But I really want to change that. I mean if we are talking about the Cold War, why not bring it up. Even though this comic book doesn’t tell everything about Che, like the bad things, it’s still a great one to have.

Shweta  – (28 maart 2011 om 10:45)  

Looking at the post title on the Google Reader reminded me how I need to read some comics ASAP
:) it's been days since I read one .

Jenny N.  – (28 maart 2011 om 10:57)  

When I saw the cover for the first comic I knew it would probably be a funny read.

Blodeuedd  – (28 maart 2011 om 12:07)  

LOL. The first book, best title ever ;)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (28 maart 2011 om 17:23)  

No! Not the dolphin! Poor baby! Great idea to get kids interested in history.

Brianne  – (28 maart 2011 om 18:27)  

I've never read a comic book in my life. Not that I'm against them, just never thought to read one. :P
The title '5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the mouth' makes me laugh, though! :P

....Petty Witter  – (29 maart 2011 om 07:31)  

Wow, two such very different books, thanks for sharing your thoughts on them.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (29 maart 2011 om 12:27)  

I don't like Che. He helped bring Castro to power. But I am interested to see what this book shares about him. Great minis :)

notinthepink.com  – (30 maart 2011 om 02:46)  

I love that there's a Che comic. You're right in that that's a great way to teach kids history.

The first book makes me laugh. Haha!

~*~*~

Ceri

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (30 maart 2011 om 06:32)  

I am against punching dolphins. LOL I don't think I could read that

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP