Interview with...

No, not an interview with a vampire. It would be way more interesting, but they are still in hiding. Or so we believe. Please do not e-mail me that you're a vampire and would love to get interviewed. I hate spam and I rather have you e-mailing Oprah so she can end her reign as daytime talk-show queen with a big bang! ;) Anyway.. Who am I going to interview? Well that would be me. Now and then I will post a book related question (or not) and answer it. When I don't have any questions left I'll have an interview with the reader, me. Let's get on with it.

If you could be a character in any novel you’ve ever read, who would you be and why?
This is such a tough question to answer. I would love to be a character that meets someone special that isn’t human, a vampire, a faerie, a hot werewolf and then fall in love with him. But the thing is, there is 90% chance that the ending is not very happy. And there’s a lot of time that I have to spend thinking and swooning about this bad boy and hoping he gives me a clue that he likes me back.

So skip that, that’s too much time spending on something so ridiculous. I rather be someone with powers. Someone like Sophie from Hex Hall, a witch, yes that would be totally awesome. Or Megan from You Are So Undead To Me or Madison from Once Dead, Twice Shy. But seriously I’m not that brave, and even though I would be technically them, I still have to fight creatures of the night all day, every day. So, I say no thank you.

One of my favourite books is Carrie Pilby and last year this is what I said about her: ‘Carrie is a 19 year old teenager who is very intelligent. She doesn’t understands the world completely and in her eyes the world doesn’t completely understands her. She lives in an apartment in New York City, and daddy is paying everything for her. She got no motivation whatsoever to find a job and one of her favourite things to do is sleep. Even with this description that sounds like she is a total brat, I loved this character. She’s also very sarcastic, socially awkward, but just so cool.’
So which character would I be? Carrie Pilby of course. Rich girl living in New York and sleeping is her hobby, sounds great. Where do I sign?


Which character would you love to be?

Missie  – (12 maart 2011 om 09:07)  

Sleeping is my favorite hobby too! I've never heard of Carrie Pilby, but now I want to check it out. :D

I think it would be cool to be a witch, but I can't pass up the opportunity to be a vampire. But you know, only if the vampire was hot!

I'd probably go with Cat from the Night Huntress series, because then I'd have her hubs, Bones, all to myself. hehehehe

Thanks for the interview Nina. Fun idea.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (12 maart 2011 om 09:26)  

i am so in love with this cover!!! gosh, that's such a hard question, idk at the moment who i would pick!!

Jenny N.  – (12 maart 2011 om 11:21)  

Great choice! I don't know who I would be but probably someone with a hot swoon-worthy love interest.

hmsgofita  – (12 maart 2011 om 11:27)  

I haven't heard of this book. Looks good, though. Like a great character! I don't there is any one specific character I would love to be. So many flaws and troubles I'd have to deal with. My troubles are hard enough...!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (12 maart 2011 om 11:51)  

LOL Great post! Sign me up too! Hee hee...

Btw... since you won't interview me.. uh... I mean... NO! THE SUN! ;)

Christina / Book Addict  – (12 maart 2011 om 13:27)  

Love this interview- great idea! I will have to check out Carrie Pilby- sounds like a fun read. Sleeping as a hobby? Yes, please! :)

vvb32 reads  – (12 maart 2011 om 14:41)  

LOL - fun introduction to this post. now i'm curious to read about carrie.

Kelsey  – (12 maart 2011 om 16:43)  

Such a fun interview! I agree with wanting to be someone who has powers. That would be awesome :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (12 maart 2011 om 16:51)  

I think I would want to be a shapeshifter. A good one of course. Someone that helps :)

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (12 maart 2011 om 17:30)  

This was SO fun to read, Nina! I would love to come back as Evie from Paranormalcy. Truly. That girl is kick-butt! :)

Aths  – (12 maart 2011 om 17:54)  

Loved the answer!! I haven't read Carrie Pilby - you've got me curious about it!

Cari  – (12 maart 2011 om 19:51)  

I think this is a great feature you have going and who doesn't love Sophie from Hex Hall! I still haven't got to Carrie Pilby but I hope to by the end of the year. If I had to be a character I would choose Grace from Shiver because I want a boy who sings and makes me paper cranes. I would have chose Violet from The Body Finder but all the echos would have driven me crazy.

Nic @ Irresistible Reads  – (12 maart 2011 om 22:35)  

Great post! I am not sure who I would want to be maybe Calla from Nightshade. Strong, smart and shapeshifter :)

GABY  – (13 maart 2011 om 08:57)  

I will have to read this book. I have it on my TBR list :D

I wish I could sleep all day and had a daddy who paid everything for me xD

Natalie (Mindful Musings)  – (13 maart 2011 om 14:43)  

I've never heard of Carrie Pilby, but I think I'm going to go look up the book after reading your post. (Great idea, by the way)! Also, I went and looked up Sara Bareilles's "Uncharted" music video after you and another blogger recommended it, and it's awesome! I had so much fun picking out all of the artists in it!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (13 maart 2011 om 17:13)  

I find this a hard question. As I've read a few books where I would love to be the characters. :) But all for different reasons. Whether be for the power or the actions or even that amazing looking man that loves her. :) Ohhh,, so many characters to be. :)

bermudaonion  – (13 maart 2011 om 18:05)  

Hm, I'm not sure - maybe I'd be Hermione!

Elie  – (13 maart 2011 om 18:26)  

I would want to be someone witchy too. Great post.

Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)  – (14 maart 2011 om 10:14)  

I've had CARRIE PILBY on my TBR list for awhile now and you've made me feel very guilty for not having read it yet. :)

Sarah  – (16 maart 2011 om 11:54)  

I haven't heard of Carrie Pilby yet, but she sounds like a great character :) Your reasons for not wanting to be a girl in a paranormal romance made me laugh--they are too true :)

Randi M  – (8 augustus 2012 om 22:44)  

I haven't heard of Carrie Pilby, but I'm definitely looking into it! :) I totally agree being spoiled and sleeping all day sounds WONDERFUL! Wait...I kind of do that right now since I'm on summer break from grad school & my husband spoils me rotten. ;) But I DO plan to have a job eventually. I swear. Right after student teaching! :D Great post.

thepagesage  – (11 augustus 2012 om 19:46)  

Ah, great post! I definitely have to read the Hex Hall books. I would love to be Hermione Granger, of course.(What girl wouldn't?)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP