Plan B by Charnan Simon

Title: Plan B (Surviving Southside)
Written by: Charnan Simon
Release date: March, 2011
Pages: 104
Source: Net galley, Lerner Classroom

My Feelings:


Description:
Is this happily ever after? Lucy has her life planned out: she'll graduate and then join her boyfriend, Luke, at college in Austin. She'll become a Spanish teacher and of course they'll get married. So there's no reason to wait, right? They try to be careful. But then Lucy gets pregnant. Now, none of Lucy's options are part of her picture-perfect plan. Together, she and Luke will have to make the most difficult decision of their lives.

My Review:
When I found out about this book, I really wanted to give it a try. Since last year when I read Butterflies in May I became more interested in reading about teen pregnancy and how the girls deal with the biggest decision in their live.

Lucy is a strong young girl who really thinks for herself. She doesn’t get influenced by her friends, boyfriend and not even her mother.

I didn’t understand one of her best friends. She’s was very immature about the teen pregnancy and thought it was all fun to have a baby at a young age. Someone should send her to a teen help program and give her some brochures.

The plot is okay, but it is very short. She get’s pregnant, talks about it and then wham it’s done. There isn’t an end to this story, so I am now wondering what Lucy and Luke decided to do with the baby. Did they keep it? Did Lucy decided to have an abortion? Is she going to college?

Plan B could have been better, but it’s still a nice story to read for younger teens.

hmsgofita  – (26 maart 2011 om 11:01)  

I would like to know what happened also. But I guess it's to provide conversation for teens without necessarily telling them what they need to do...maybe she thought if she said what happened people would think that's what she was saying should be done in all situations so she thought it would be better to leave it open with all of the options? Maybe? Looks like a great discussion book! Great review!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (26 maart 2011 om 11:45)  

Maybe they are allowing the teens to put themselves in Lucy's place. Unfortunately I have seen too many like her friend. Still, it is good to know a book like this exists!

Marce  – (26 maart 2011 om 13:55)  

Interesting, this isn't a series? Teen pregnancy is always interesting though.

Blodeuedd  – (26 maart 2011 om 14:30)  

I would have wanted more too, I do not wanna be left hanging

Jenny N.  – (26 maart 2011 om 19:49)  

With an ending like that I guess its up to the reader to decide what happens. I've only read one other book about dealing with teen pregnancy so its a subject I should probably read more of.

Missie  – (27 maart 2011 om 00:09)  

What? How could they leave it hanging like that? Bum deal. I was hoping to hear it was a bit better than that. The plot seems rushed.

Thanks for the review. Now I know I can put this one on the back burner.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (27 maart 2011 om 08:59)  

Sounds cool! Great break down :) Thank you!

Darlyn  – (27 maart 2011 om 10:52)  

I never read anything that deals with teenage pregnancies. Great insight of review. Thanks!

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (27 maart 2011 om 18:07)  

Great review! Thanks for your honesty :) This isn’t something I’d usually pick up, but it sounds interesting.

Brianne  – (27 maart 2011 om 20:59)  

Yeah, I saw that it was only a hundred pages and I was thinking exactly how a book about a pregnant girl could possibly be that short. I would have been bothered if I flipped to the last page only to find out that there's nothing more and we don't get to find out whether or not she keeps the baby. I can't handle not knowing exactly what happens. :P

Kelsey  – (28 maart 2011 om 13:38)  

This sounds interesting and I like that it tackles a unique topic, but I wonder if much can be resolved in so few pages?

Thanks for the review and for bringing this book to my attention!

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (30 maart 2011 om 06:34)  

The idea of the book seems good. I enjoy closed endings so I doubt I'd add this.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP