The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

Title: The Reckoning
Written by: Kelley Armstrong
Release date: April, 2010
Pages: 391
Source: Bought
Part of:Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge

My Feelings:



Description:
Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.

My Review:
Finally my review for the last book in this series. I know, shame on me for putting it aside for so long. But I just didn’t wanted this series to end. So sad.

The teenagers are still on the run for the Edison Group. They don’t know who they can trust and where they can go. Their live has changed in all these months and they have grown together.

The book had a lot of action in it, even more than the first two books. Some werewolf action that you got to love. The powers of Chloe develop throughout the story and there where a few moments where it happened that where really creepy. The relationship between two characters is so much fun to read about, it’s just so sweet and adorable.

There was an open ending, which made me feel disappointed. It left me with so many unanswered questions. I know that this series is not officially ending, but what happens to these characters that I love so much? I will miss Chloe, Derek and Simon. I really want to tell you lots more about the story, but I cannot do this without spoiling it for you. So just get it when you can!
I just have to mention that I read the last pages with the song of Rihanna, Last Song in the background. Even though it does not has a sad ending, I cried, I blame the song.

Blodeuedd  – (14 maart 2011 om 08:29)  

Oh no, now I got really interested in those spoilers ;) Sounds like a really good book

Lisa  – (14 maart 2011 om 09:32)  

I feel the same way about the last book in a series. I keep putting off reading it because most of the time I don't want the series to end.

Sullivan McPig  – (14 maart 2011 om 09:53)  

I love this series!
Looking forward to reading The Gathering

Jenny N.  – (14 maart 2011 om 10:26)  

I'll miss these characters too but good thing is they'll be back in future books.

Brandileigh2003 (Blkosiner's Book Blog)  – (14 maart 2011 om 11:18)  

I remember feeling the same way. I want more from them, no new people, lol.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Neri  – (14 maart 2011 om 11:23)  

I haven't read this series, would you recommend it? I love Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series have you read it?

A Canadian Girl  – (14 maart 2011 om 12:12)  

I loved this series and want more of Chloe and the gang! At least we have The Gathering to look forward to and I believe all of the characters will eventually meet up.

Jenny  – (14 maart 2011 om 12:37)  

I love Kelley Armstrong! I've only read her adult series, but I've been wanting to give these books a try since I enjoy her writing so much. I think I might start with The Gathering and then go back and read these:) Thanks for a great review Nina!

Willa  – (14 maart 2011 om 12:55)  

Very pretty cover! Thanks for reviewing it.

Missie  – (14 maart 2011 om 13:12)  

Nina, there is no reason for you to feel ashamed when I haven't even read one book in the series. But now I'm thinking that is not such a bad thing if it was left so open. I need my closure!

So the series will continue but focus on new characters? I'm a bit confused, which is nothing new. :P

Kelsey  – (14 maart 2011 om 15:35)  

I've only read the first book in this series and really need to read the rest!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (14 maart 2011 om 17:25)  

Awww man, too bad about the ending!! It's not good when you feel like nothing is settled at the end.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (14 maart 2011 om 17:54)  

Oh no! I haven't read this series although it has been on my wishlist forever! I so need to read these, but no closure? ACK!

Aths  – (14 maart 2011 om 18:21)  

I keep thinking that I should read this series some day. It feels sad, right when a series you like comes to an end?

Nic @ Irresistible Reads  – (14 maart 2011 om 21:07)  

Great review! I love this series and am hoping Chloe, Derek and Simon make an appearance in The Gathering :)

Kate Evangelista  – (15 maart 2011 om 02:14)  

Hi,

I'm Kate Evangelista, author of Taste, and I just wanted to take this time to introduce myself. If you have the time, please stop by The Coffee Bar by using the link below:

http://kateevangelistanovels.blogspot.com/

I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Kate

....Petty Witter  – (15 maart 2011 om 07:16)  

An author I was recently introduced to - I love her books.

Nina  – (16 maart 2011 om 12:00)  

Neri: I loved this series! If you love reading YA books, you should really try this series. ;) It's good!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (16 maart 2011 om 21:14)  

LOL, I almost cried, too - but only because I didn't want it to end. I really wish Armstrong would continue the series from Chloe's POV; but since she decided to go in another direction, I hope they're at least mentioned in the next books.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP