Still Sucks to be Me by Kimberly Pauley

Title: Still Sucks to be Me
Written by: Kimberly Pauley
Release date: May, 2010
Pages: 374
Source: Won @ theEPICrat.
Part of: Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge

My Feelings:


Description:
With vampire boyfriend George and best friend Serena by her side, Mina thought she had her whole life—or rather afterlife—ahead of her. But then Mina’s parents drop a bomb. They’re moving. To Louisiana. And not somewhere cool like New Orleans, but some teeny, tiny town where cheerleaders and jocks rule the school. Mina has to fake her death, change her name, and leave everything behind, including George and Serena. Not even the Vampire Council’s shape-shifting classes can cheer her up. Then Serena shows up on Mina’s doorstep with some news that sends Mina reeling. Mina may look a lot better with fangs, but her afterlife isn’t any less complicated!

My Review:
Sucks to be Me, the previous book, was hilarious and had such a unique twist to it that I was looking forward to this book.

Mina is still as hilarious ever. Her comments are so funny, that sometimes I couldn’t hold it in me and just laughed out loud. I do apologize for all the people who where sitting next to me when it happened in the train. It won’t happen again, right. The characters are great and I loved the relationship that Mina has with her parents. It felt warm and very real. Finally some parents that care for their child and where present. Yay parents! I also really loved the friendship between Mina and Serena. That’s something we don’t see a lot in YA books. A good solid friendship.

The plot was great, even though it did lacked in the romance department. I hope the third book is going to be more about the relationship Mina has with George. The last couple of pages I read while I was sitting at the edge of my seat. The action was over too quick. There could have been more fighting scenes, but that's only because I'm an action addict. But overall very good.

Still Sucks to be Me is a hilarious read that everyone with a passion for vampires should read.

Jenny  – (21 maart 2011 om 08:43)  

I'm not familiar with this series at all, but I love books that make me laugh so I'm definitely going to be checking these out:) Plus, I'm kind of a sucker for a vampire story, so this seems like the book for me! Thanks Nina:)

YA Book Queen  – (21 maart 2011 om 08:43)  

Great review, Nina! This sounds so fun! :)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (21 maart 2011 om 10:46)  

I have been wanting this series. It looks so cute

Blodeuedd  – (21 maart 2011 om 10:57)  

Sounds good, and I agree, yay for parents that are there :) Dunno why all parents are so flaky in ya

Darlyn  – (21 maart 2011 om 11:15)  

Awwww.. I want to read this one too...great review =)

Missie  – (21 maart 2011 om 11:35)  

Yay parents! And they care? That is so strange. LOL

I love vampires and humor, so this seems like the perfect book for. I remember hearing good things about book one. I need to pick it up soon.

P.S. I see that you are currently reading Plan B. Can't wait for your review.

YA Vampire Books  – (21 maart 2011 om 11:47)  

This series sounds like a lot of fun!
Nice review

Jenny N.  – (21 maart 2011 om 13:09)  

Sucks that she had to leave everything behind but nice to hear that it works out for Mina. This is another series I need to read.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (21 maart 2011 om 15:37)  

Sounds like a good book, even if the action was over too quick. I also love the title. Clever! Great review!

hmsgofita  – (26 maart 2011 om 11:03)  

I've been wanting to get to this series! Glad to know the second one is great too!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP