The Trouble With Chickens by Doreen Cronin

Title: The Trouble With Chickens
Written by: Doreen Cronin (Writer) & Kevin Cornell (Illustrator)
Release date: March, 2011
Pages: 120
Source: Netgalley, HarperCollins

My Feelings:


Description:
J.J. Tully is a former search-and-rescue dog who is trying to enjoy his retirement after years of performing daring missions saving lives. So he’s not terribly impressed when two chicks named Dirt and Sugar (who look like popcorn on legs), along with their chicken mom, show up demanding his help to track down their missing siblings. Driven by the promise of a cheeseburger, J.J. begins to track down clues. Is Vince the Funnel hiding something? Are there dark forces at work—or is J.J. not smelling the evidence that’s right in front of him?

My Review:
The Trouble With Chickens is a fabulous story that a lot of middle graders will enjoy.

Jonathan Joseph Tully a.k.a. J.J is a very good narrator of this story.
He is a dog that has done a lot of great things in his life and is now helping animals, like his least favourites ‘chicks’. The chicks are cute and so funny. Each of them has a different character and I especially like the craziness of the mother chick.

The Trouble With Chickens reminds me of an old black and white detective movie. The mystery is short and there could have been more choices who the kidnapper could be, but in all I liked it. The kidnapper of the missing chicks played a great role in this story and to see how “screwed up” he was, made it the more enjoyable.

The Trouble With Chickens is a story you should get if you like reading fun, cute and short stories. I don’t know if there is going to be a sequel, but if there is, I’m for sure going to read it.

bermudaonion  – (3 maart 2011 om 10:58)  

That sounds adorable and what a cute cover!!

Blodeuedd  – (3 maart 2011 om 12:01)  

Lol, this one sure looks cute :D

Jenny  – (3 maart 2011 om 12:23)  

Oh my gosh how cute is that little stack of chickens? Their faces crack me up! This is one I'll have to keep in mind for my younger cousins, I think they'd love it, thanks Nina!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (3 maart 2011 om 12:49)  

OMG what a cute cover! Sounds precious!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (3 maart 2011 om 13:05)  

Looks so cute! Oh and the illustrations look great. Thanks for the review!

Andrea  – (3 maart 2011 om 14:41)  

Aw, looks cute! And I like the cover.

Jenny N.  – (3 maart 2011 om 14:48)  

The chicks sound so cute and looks like a great book for younger readers.

Myrna Foster  – (3 maart 2011 om 18:32)  

Thank you! My son loves funny animal books, and so do I.

Missie  – (3 maart 2011 om 19:11)  

How cute!

My little cousins hate to read, but recently, I got them more into it because we'll read books then act them out. This book sounds like it would be perfected for one of our 'plays'. Thanks for reviewing.

Cleverly Inked  – (6 maart 2011 om 04:54)  

Why does this seem like a movie

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP