Death in the Desert by Jim Eldridge

Title: Death in the Desert
Written by: Jim Eldridge
Release date: August, 2010
Pages: 208
Source: Egmont UK

My Feelings:


Description:
Let's give ‘em something to think about!
Another day, another mission. Now a fully fledged member of covert military squad Delta Unit, Mitch is thrust straight back into the battle zone. And there’s more at stake then ever before.
The Mission: smuggle an undercover peace negotiator through war-torn Afghanistan to the secret hideout of a powerful Taliban leader.
The Squad: elite, Black-Ops soldiers -; Mitch, Gaz, Two Moons, Tug, Benny and Nelson – codename, Delta Unit.
Six men set out on the mission. How many will come back?

My Review:
Death in the Desert is just as it’s prequel Jungle Kill packed with action and a setting that leaves nothing to it’s imagination.

The guys are at another mission far away from their hometown. I like the dialogue between the guys. It feels realistic, just the way soldiers would talk to each other while their on a mission together. I didn’t think the mission was a fair one, the whole time I was worrying if they made the right choice to take this one. So I can honestly say that there is a lot of suspense.

I can’t get enough of the action, it’s really good. I was constantly scared for them and hoping that they would be alright. With every piece of information that you get, you know that the author has been into the military himself. It’s just too good.

The setting of the story is described very well. I never been to Afghanistan, but with the photo’s that I saw in the news and the description the author gives I got a pretty clear picture.

Death in the Desert is a great book for action lovers and an even greater give away for boys up to 12! I’m looking forward to read the next instalment.

Darlyn  – (19 april 2011 om 08:43)  

Wow.Action-packed is good, one of my favorite line. And loving the cover too *wink*

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (19 april 2011 om 09:07)  

Oh sounds exciting! I love that you're shaking things up!

Jenny  – (19 april 2011 om 09:41)  

I'm with Juju, I love that you seem to read and review such a wide variety of genres, it makes coming to your blog so much fun. I never know what to expect:) Nice review Nina!

Blodeuedd  – (19 april 2011 om 13:30)  

I do think this is the perfect book for young boys :)

Missie  – (19 april 2011 om 14:41)  

I don't read a lot of action/suspense novels. Mainly because I'd be worrying a lot about the decisions that are made too. It's good to know the author provided clear descriptions. I think that would just add to the thrill ride.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (19 april 2011 om 16:34)  

Oh I have a cousin who would love this book. He might still be a bit too young, but maybe not. He's a pretty smart cookie! Great review!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (19 april 2011 om 16:40)  

That cover is eye-catching! Thanks for bringing something totally new to my attention. :)

Jenny N.  – (19 april 2011 om 18:57)  

Probably wouldn't pick this up but sounds like one my cousin would like.

Nina  – (21 april 2011 om 10:01)  

Juju & Jenny: Thank you. At times I do love to read out of my comfort zone. ;)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (24 april 2011 om 07:13)  

oo a Book Boys would love, I will add this to my sons list of books I will pick up.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP