The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton

Title: The Mind Readers
Written by: Lori Brighton
Release date: December, 2010
Pages: 170
Source: Received for review from Lori Brighton

My Feelings:


Description:

Cameron Winters is a freak. Fortunately, no one but her family knows that Cameron can read minds. When Lewis Douglas arrives, he tempts her with possibilities of freedom. Determined to embrace her hidden talents, Cameron heads to a place where she meets other Mind Readers. But when the Mind Readers realize the extent of Cameron’s abilities, they want to use her powers for their own needs.

My Review:
The description sounded very interested, so I thought why not give it a try. And I’m glad I did, because I enjoyed it.

At first I didn’t like Cameron. She used her power to be friends with a girl from the in crowd and not even a nice one. She tried to please her and didn’t think about her own feelings. I’m happy to say that she changed a lot throughout the story. And a lot has to do with Lewis.

The plot is great. I really liked the story. It was suspenseful and the whole time I didn’t know what was going on. It is fast paced, which I think is a bonus point.

I recommend The Mind Readers to paranormal readers. Just keep in mind it ends with a cliff hanger.

Marce  – (29 april 2011 om 10:11)  

I love the title, that peaked my interest. Very nice review, I am still iffy about YA though.

Have a great weekend Nina

Blodeuedd  – (29 april 2011 om 12:10)  

Oh evil evil cliffhangers...did I mention how evil they are

Jenny N.  – (29 april 2011 om 13:22)  

I didn't like her friends at the beginning either and wasw so glad she left them.

Blueicegal ♥  – (29 april 2011 om 13:46)  

Good to know that it was fast paced, definitely a bonus point for me! :)

Andrea  – (29 april 2011 om 13:53)  

Sounds good. Nice review.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (29 april 2011 om 15:01)  

NOoooo! Cliffhanger! I have this one on my tbr. So, glad you liked it! *mumbles* darn cliffhangers!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (29 april 2011 om 15:42)  

I <3 cliff hangers. Thanks for the warning.

A Canadian Girl  – (29 april 2011 om 22:37)  

I have this one on my wishlist but didn't know that it ended on a cliffhanger. Why do authors do this?! Lol, thanks for the advance warning!

Chel  – (1 mei 2011 om 20:00)  

I love the summary, and I think I might have added this to my wishlist already... or was it Intrinsical? I always confuse those two, I dunno why. X(

The Procrastinator's Corner

Cindy (Oodles of Books)  – (2 mei 2011 om 08:21)  

I have this on my TBR list, haven't gotten it yet. Glad to see you enjoyed it! Great review :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (3 mei 2011 om 17:13)  

Hmmm, new book for me. And it sounds like a good read. :) One I think I might enjoy. Thanks for the review!

Beverly Stowe McClure  – (8 mei 2011 om 18:34)  

I haven't heard of this book, but paranormals are some of my favorites. Nice review.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP