Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler


Title: Rage (Horsemen of the Apocalypse #2)
Written by: Jackie Morse Kessler
Release date: April, 2011
Pages: 228
Source: Netgalley, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Part of: Horror & Urban Fantasy Challenge

My Feelings:


Description:
Missy didn’t mean to cut so deep. But after the party where she was humiliated in front of practically everyone in school, who could blame her for wanting some comfort? Sure, most people don’t find comfort in the touch of a razor blade, but Missy always was . . . different.

That’s why she was chosen to become one of the Four Horsemen Apocalypse: War. Now Missy wields a different kind of blade—a big, brutal sword that can cut down anyone and anything in her path. But it’s with this weapon in her hand that Missy learns something that could help her triumph over her own pain: control.

A unique approach to the topic of self-mutilation, Rage is the story of a young woman who discovers her own power, and refuses to be defeated by the world.

My Review:
After reading Hunger I really wondered how the second book Rage would be. Would it be better or just nothing more than enjoyable. Rage exceeded all my expectations. I loved the story and the characters in it.

Missy is the main character. She is a young girl who struggles with life. She shuts everybody out of her life and she’s very alone. I felt sorry for her. In the beginning I wanted her to open up to the only friend she has, I thought that would be a great way to begin to feel better. She progressed in the story and there was depth with her.

Oh my, how I adored Death. In Hunger I liked him, but now I loved him. He was just the best character in this story. Very charming and dark. With such a serious and heavy issue, he makes the story lighter. His comments are hilarious and I hope there will a book about him alone. I want to know more about Death, and whom he was in his previous life.

The plot is unbelievable good. I liked that in this story there was a little bit of explanation about the Horseman. Not enough in my opinion, but still a little bit. I’m still waiting for the thoroughly information about it. There was action and character development. I liked that there wasn’t a happily ever after, it made the story more realistic.

Rage is a great second book in the Horsemen of the Apocalypse series. Hunger was enjoyable and I liked it, but I adored Rage. I’m looking forward reading the third book!

YA reader  – (9 april 2011 om 01:38)  

Great review. Don't think this series is one for me but it does sound interesting.

Darlyn  – (9 april 2011 om 02:52)  

Have not rad any of the book yet but glad you enjoyed this one!

vvb32 reads  – (9 april 2011 om 08:28)  

glad you liked this one. i got it too ;-D

Jenny N.  – (9 april 2011 om 12:16)  

I hope to read this series one day and its good to know that it was even better than bk 1.

Blodeuedd  – (9 april 2011 om 14:29)  

Now I want to read these too, the thing that sold me was death ;D

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (9 april 2011 om 15:26)  

I donno... I think they are harsh on a poor girl named Missy... ;D Okay, not bad having a character with that name. I haven't read the first one, but I have been getting more curious. I may have to pick up this series.

mummazappa  – (9 april 2011 om 22:13)  

I didn't read Hunger as I'd read some lukewarm reviews of it, but I've read only good things about Rage, so I'm thinking maybe I should read this series. Death sounds like a great character too!

Lauren  – (10 april 2011 om 06:51)  

I'm so happy to hear you enjoy this one, as I'm hoping to read it soon. I'm also so glad to hear Death's back with a bigger part because he was one of my favorite parts of Hunger. Great review!

Beverly  – (10 april 2011 om 14:43)  

Just read this one too - LOVED it!

Nina  – (11 april 2011 om 05:28)  

@Beverly: Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Jessica (BookLover)  – (13 april 2011 om 19:34)  

I haven't read this series yet, but I love the covers. I'm glad you're enjoying them so far. Great review! I might have to add these books to my wishlist.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP