You Wish by Mandy Hubbard

Title: You Wish
Written by: Mandy Hubbard
Release date: August, 2010
Pages: 272
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
Kayla McHenry's sweet sixteen sucks! Her dad left, her grades dropped, and her BFF is dating the boy Kayla's secretly loved for years. Blowing out her candles, Kayla thinks: I wish my birthday wishes actually came true. Because they never freakin' do.

Kayla wakes the next day to a life-sized, bright pink My Little Pony outside her window. Then a year's supply of gumballs arrives. A boy named Ken with a disturbing resemblance to the doll of the same name stalks her. As the ghosts of Kayla's wishes-past appear, they take her on a wild ride . . . but they MUST STOP. Because when she was fifteen? She wished Ben Mackenzie would kiss her. And Ben is her best friend's boyfriend.

My Review:
Wishes coming true and a cover that’s too adorable, I had to read it.

Kayla is a great character. She’s sarcastic, quirky and a loner. She’s a realistic character and I just adore that she adores converse sneakers. I used to wear them all the time in high school and even nowadays I do too.
Ben is adorable, sweet and caring. It was such fun reading how Kayla was trying to avoid him and just failing completely.

The plot is great. OMG, the wishes that come true are hilarious. I was laughing throughout the book. The best scene of the story was with Ken at the mall. I’m not going to tell you what happened, but it was too FUNNY. Kayla was trying really hard to keep all of her wishes a secret. But when finally the most powerful secret she kept was once spoken, it changed everything.

You Wish is cute, light and just a whole lot of fun. Read it when the sun is shining outside and you have nothing to do, because you will want to read all of it at once.

Christina / Book Addict  – (14 april 2011 om 10:46)  

This sounds like a really cute and fun read. Do you think it would be appropriate for 7/8th grade students? If so, I must get a copy for my classroom library. Great review!

Julie  – (14 april 2011 om 10:50)  

I love books that are funny and light. This sounds like a great book! I'm definitely adding it to my Wishlist.

Cindy (Oodles of Books)  – (14 april 2011 om 10:52)  

I need to read a cute book :) Great review!

Darlyn  – (14 april 2011 om 11:11)  

Sounds like a perfect light reading. Glad you like it!

Jenny N.  – (14 april 2011 om 12:45)  

I think this would be a nice read and change of pace with all the paranormal YA I've been reading lately.

Blodeuedd  – (14 april 2011 om 14:14)  

Sounds fun :D Lol, but honestly I just keep looking at that yummy cupcake wanting to eat it

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (14 april 2011 om 15:57)  

This sounds so fun. You had me at sarcastic, quirky.

YA Vampire Books  – (16 april 2011 om 14:53)  

This book sounds so cute! Great review!

Kelsey  – (17 april 2011 om 07:16)  

I thought this was a great book as well- very fun and sweet!

Nice review :)

Andrea  – (18 april 2011 om 14:15)  

OOOhh, I need to read this one. It sounds very cute and funny. And the cover is adorable.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP