The Arrow Chest by Robert Parry

Title: The Arrow Chest
Written by: Robert Parry
Release date: January, 2011
Pages: 342
Source: Robert Parry

My Feelings:


Description:
London, 1876. The painter Amos Roselli is in love with his life-long friend and model, the beautiful Daphne - and she with him - until one day she is discovered by another man, a powerful and wealthy industrialist. What will happen when Daphne realises she has sacrificed her happiness to a loveless marriage? What will happen when the artist realises he has lost his most cherished source of inspiration? And how will they negotiate the ever-increasing frequency of strange and bizarre events that seem to be driving them inexorably towards self-destruction. Here, amid the extravagant Neo-Gothic culture of Victorian England, the iconic poem ‘The Lady of Shalott’ blends with mysterious and ghostly glimpses of Tudor history. Romantic, atmospheric and deeply dark.

My Review:
I’m very Lucky that Robert Parry asked me to read and review his book. Because as it turned out I loved it.

I didn’t know what to expect from Amos. Is he a good, bad, a drunk? But he’s truly just a confused men who lost the love of his life to another men. And that other men I could not stand. He was arrogant, bossy and just a tyrant.

The character that stood out for me was Beth, the housekeeper. I thought she was so sweet, caring, sincere and selfless. A very good friend to Amos.

The plot is great. From the very beginning it sets the tone. There where some slow parts, but when the supernatural starts to happen it picks up it’s pace. I loved that ‘Anne Boleyn’ was involved in the story. I’m not going to spoil it to you, but it was creepy and intense.

The Arrow Chest is a historical fiction you should get if you like them dark, mysterious and intense.

Blodeuedd  – (20 mei 2011 om 13:49)  

it sure sounds different. And that is the thing that makes this book stand out, and I do remember reading about it

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP