Childeren Book Review 2-1

The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Frères by Marie Letourneau

Title: The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Frères
Written by: Marie Letourneau
Release date: June, 2006
Pages: 32
Source: Netgalley, Tanglewood

My Feelings:


Description:
Every day, Chef Marcel and his sons recite the recipe for the famous cheese soup of the Bistrot des Sept Freres--the trendiest mouse cafe in all of Paris. But when a culinary judge is due to arrive and Chef Marcel has run out of his secret ingredient, it is Petite Michelle who saves the day. This adorable story and whimsical illustrations of Marie LeTourneau will delight children, while providing une petite lecon on the language and culture of France.

My Review:
How lovely this story is. It reminds me of the Disney movie Ratatouille, which I adore.
I loved the mousse and their hobbies. I would have loved to learn more about the only daughter the chef has, but it’s a children book, so it’s fine.
I loved the page pronouncements of the different French words in the story. It’s fun and if your child is learning to speak French, it’s a cool way to learn new words.
All in all, a fun, adorable, beautiful illustrated children book.

Wolf Camp by Katie McKy

Title: Wolf Camp
Written by: Katie McKy
Release date: April, 2009
Pages: 32
Source: Netgalley, Tanglewood

My Feelings:


Description:
In a delightful mix of intrigue and humor, a young girl named Maddie goes to a Wolf Camp and comes back with disturbing new habits--wolf-like habits. Kids will be fascinated with the idea of transformation into an animal, and parents will recognize the sense of change their children undergo at summer camp.

My Review:
A fun, short story that a lot of children who goes to Summer Camp will enjoy.
Maddie’s behaviour is fun to read about. I think a lot of young children will laugh at her behaviour. It’s also been nicely illustrated, nothing too fancy.

Jillian  – (20 mei 2011 om 04:00)  

Wow. Super adorable covers! And I really enjoyed Ratatouille too, plus anything Paris-related... I'm sold!

Jenny N.  – (20 mei 2011 om 11:57)  

I hardly ever read children's books but I love the cover for the first book.

Andrea  – (23 mei 2011 om 09:43)  

Very cute. I might look into the mouse book for my son.

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (26 mei 2011 om 18:07)  

How cute is the cover of The Mice of Bistrot des Sept Frères! My girls would love it as Ratatouille is one of their most favorite movies :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP