Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

What’s going on with the Dutch cover? Why is he kissing the back of her neck? It just looks weird and uncomfortable. I also do not like how they placed the title of the book, the author and the young adult sticker on the Dutch cover. I like the US cover much better. The font for the title is beautiful, I like it. I do not like the font they used for the name of the author. It’s a bit too small. I like the boy and the girl. They look like they are really in love. It’s simple, but nice. I’m going for the US cover.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Christina / Book Addict  – (4 mei 2011 om 04:21)  

I agree with you! The US cover is better. The other cover just looks awkward!!

Ladybug  – (4 mei 2011 om 04:59)  

I agree, that just looks weird. It also sends vibes that make me feel that this is a book published in the 90's(when it really is a great contemporary YA romance :D)

Blueicegal ♥  – (4 mei 2011 om 07:04)  

Yeah not really getting the Dutch cover, US for me :)

Michelle  – (4 mei 2011 om 08:07)  

I really love the North American cover for this one. I've seen the original photo and they really went all out making sure they added Alex's tattoos and the bracelet that Brittany owns etc. But I don't dislike the Dutch cover. Even though the back of the neck thing is kind of random, I'm still intrigued haha.

Jenny  – (4 mei 2011 om 09:35)  

Ha! I was just thinking that when I saw the Dutch cover. I looked at it and went "what?" He's all sniffing her hair and it's weird:)

Jenny N.  – (4 mei 2011 om 09:55)  

US cover wins for me too.

YA Vampire Books  – (4 mei 2011 om 12:13)  

HAha exactly, what's going on on the Dutch cover? Doesn't look very hot...;)
The US cover however... Sigh!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (4 mei 2011 om 12:25)  

I'm guessing the Dutch cover is going for a yin/yang type of look? However, I still say the US cover is better. :)

Blodeuedd  – (4 mei 2011 om 12:30)  

I actually like the Dutch one cos the US one says nothing

Lisa  – (4 mei 2011 om 12:34)  

Both covers are pretty steamy! I think it's a tie for me!

Andrea  – (4 mei 2011 om 13:25)  

I like the US cover too. Pretty.

Missie  – (4 mei 2011 om 22:55)  

Ha! That is rather awkward looking.

I LOVE THE US COVER! It's perfect. And I love the series as well.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (5 mei 2011 om 10:44)  

i defnitely like the us cover better, the dutch one is a little creepy.

notinthepink.com  – (6 mei 2011 om 05:59)  

I actually prefer the Dutch cover. Haha. I like it because it's unusual. There's something about the US cover that looks too 'teen high school' and that's a turnoff for me. :S

~*~*~

Ceri

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (6 mei 2011 om 10:59)  

I hadn't seen the Dutch cover before. I have to go with the US cover here. It's hot. Love this book!

Anna  – (7 mei 2011 om 16:24)  

Eeek, I agree, the kiss on the back of the neck is awkward looking. I can't think of any situation where someone would do that and I'm sure they didn't do that in the book, haha. I like the US cover. :D

hmsgofita  – (7 mei 2011 om 21:53)  

I do like the US cover better. It has a more overall appeal. But if the Dutch one had a better font placement...that might've evened up the score or something...

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP