Interview with...

If your new here and have no idea what's going on right now, you should read the very first with the explanation. ;) Let's get it started..

Have you read books written by celebrities? Or do you want too?
Am I weird for liking the Jersey shore? I hope not. It’s entertaining and for sure hilarious at times. But do I want to read a book written by one of them? Uhm, no thank you.There are books that I want to read and there are books that I do not want to read in like EVER. Don’t get me wrong, they might be really good. A book about a situation written by Situation might be awesome, but I don’t think it’s for me.
So let’s focus on the books that I do want to read.

Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi
Oprah, the queen of daytime television, interviewed Portia de Rossi. I had no idea who Portia was. I never watched the show she was in. But her story just grabbed me. I wanted to know more about her life and how she dealt with anorexia. Plus the cover is beautiful.

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler
Again never heard of Chelsea before, but I read a few book quotes and they made me laugh. Seriously, I got to read this one. Sometimes you just need a book that is hilarious to lift you up and I feel that this is going to be one of those books. Well, I really do hope so.

True Whit. Designing a Life of Style, Beauty and Fun by Whitney Port.
Ever since I watched the City I’m a fan of Whitney. She’s fun, beautiful, smart and has a wickedly cool style. And now I want that book. I cannot wait to order it and read it.

Priceless by Nicole Richie
Many readers said it's a very good chicklit. I'm not a fan of this genre, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Which books written by celebrities do you want to read?

Christina / Book Addict  – (7 mei 2011 om 06:06)  

Haha. Jersey Shore is hilarious entertainment and definitely my guilty pleasure. I can't wait to see what disasters happen when they are over in Italy. I want to read Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang; I heard it's hilarious. My friend is reading the book by Tina Fey and says it's great too. Great post!

Blodeuedd  – (7 mei 2011 om 09:39)  

I did get confused but went back, oh my memory is short ;)

Jenny N.  – (7 mei 2011 om 12:29)  

I don't know if I would read any books written by celebrities. I tend to stay away from them.

YA Vampire Books  – (7 mei 2011 om 12:36)  

I've been thinking about reading Priceless as well :) As well as Elixir by Hillary Duff

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (7 mei 2011 om 13:10)  

I don't mind reading biographies, but it is usually by someone who has accomplished something. I just can't read anything by the Jersey Shore group. However, I do commend you for reading it. You are a braver person than I! ;)

I have considered Chelsea's book tho. :)

A Canadian Girl  – (7 mei 2011 om 14:10)  

I tend to stay away from books written by celebrities but Unbearable Lightness is one that I'd probably read because Portia went through anorexia and bulimia herself. I've seen good reviews for Hilary Duff's Elixir so I might give that one a try sometime as well.

Anna  – (7 mei 2011 om 16:51)  

Wow, that's a lot of books by celebrities! I really want to read Unbearable Lightness, I remember seeing her in an interview talking about her book and it sounded so amazing. Also I want to read Home by Julie Andrews, I love her movies and I just know her book will be awesome too. :D

Enbrethiliel  – (8 mei 2011 om 04:43)  

+JMJ+

I read the novel Britney Spears wrote with her mother. I can't even remember the title, so yeah, it was that sad. =P

I also read Andy Taylor's memoir about his musical career. It wasn't great literature, either, but I loved reading about his insider's perspective of the rise and fall of one of my favourite bands, Duran Duran. =)

Interesting topic! I wouldn't say I avoid celebrities' books on principle, but I'm not attracted to them unless I really care about what they've done. (The Britney book? That was pure curiosity, aided by the fact that I didn't have to pay for it. =P)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP