Wednesday Update (1)

Give me some sweet popcorn, fizzy drink and a fun movie to watch and I’m in seventh heaven.
Last Saturday me and my best friend went to see a movie at the cinema. We decided to watch a couple of movies, just for the fun of it and just because we didn’t want to study that day. We started at 11 at the cinema’s watching two movies then back at my house to watch two more.
So I have this meme called I’ve Been Watching and I wanted to post my thoughts on the movies in that meme. But as you all remember I decided to skip that for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to give my thoughts/advice on the best movie to watch. Let’s get the party started.

If you love musicals, plots that already have been done before, Christina Aquilera, a romance that’s a bit off you should watch Burlesque. I thought the trailer looked awesome and common people, Cher is in it. I haven’t seen this girl in like the eighties. She’s fabulous.
So, Christina Aquilera is not the most talented actress in the world, but she does a decent job in this movie. The whole thing just reminded me of a mix of The Devil Wears Prada and Coyote Ugly. I love those two movies, but I don’t want to watch something that reminds me of them. I want something different, something unique. And sadly this wasn’t it.

If you love travelling or your biggest dream is to visit a country far away you should watch Eat, Pray, Love. Yes, I finally watched it. And I adored it. A lot of people told me that this movie sucks and that it’s boring. I loved every minute of it. The time she spends in Italy was fantastic. I wanted to be there, learn the language and eat those delicious, tasty food. I could imagine myself walking around in those three beautiful countries and feel the heat of the sun on my skin. I could connect with the main character even though I’m not in my thirties, married or have a career. It’s quite the opposite, I’m in my twenties, not married and studying. But deep inside I want to travel the world. I want to learn Spanish, Russian and Chinese and visit those beautiful places. I cannot wait when I’m done with college, so I can live the life I want and travel around the world.

If you love to laugh out loud and want to forget about everyday life just for a hour you should watch Gulliver’s Travels. It’s one of the best movies for the Summer this year. These tiny people are hilarious.

If you love sad movies, a decent plot and Miley Cyrus you should watch The Last Song.
I’m not a fan of Miley, I do not love her music or her show that’s on the Disney Channel, I do not think she’s a fantastic singer, but she can act. When she played the piano me and my best friend had our fingers crossed that she would not sing. Thanks to our magic fingers she did not sung. Yay! I liked this movie. I didn’t think I would like it, but I did. It’s so sad, that I cried at the end.



Have you watched any of these movies or do you want too?

bermudaonion  – (18 mei 2011 om 06:00)  

I'm glad you loved Eat, Pray, Love - I was in the camp that thought it was rather dull.

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (18 mei 2011 om 06:33)  

I haven’t watch these but I love Julia Robert. I enjoy movies, but rarely find time to sit down and watch them. Eat, Pray, Love is one my list of movies to watch soon. I might have to check out Burlesque too. I’m a huge fan of musicals.

Christina / Book Addict  – (18 mei 2011 om 06:46)  

OMG! Finally someone who loved Eat, Pray, Love! Everyone I talked to, whether it's about the book or the movie, hated it. I loved the movie and the book....I like the idea of traveling, finding yourself, and learning about new cultures. I have such wanderlust and I think only people with that can really appreciate the book. I also saw The Last Song and although I am not a Miley fan either, I thought it was really entertaining and sad. Burlesque was just a waste of time! UGH! Thank GOD it was free when I watched it on the plane back from my trip to Italy. It was horrendous-haha.

Jenny N.  – (18 mei 2011 om 08:44)  

I've watched Eat, Pray, Love. I'm not a Miley Cyrus fan so don't think I'll be watching The Last Song anytime soon.

Lisa  – (18 mei 2011 om 09:08)  

I really enjoyed The Last Song too. I thought Miley did a really good job. I have been meaning to watch Burlesque and Eat, Pray, Love but I haven't gotten around to it yet. My friend and I are having a movie night on Saturday...we're thinking of doing an 80s movie theme night.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (18 mei 2011 om 12:01)  

I have Eat, Pray Love on my Netflix acct, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm wanting to sit back and watch a movie. I might this week... hm...

vvb32 reads  – (18 mei 2011 om 12:05)  

still must see eat, pray, love. when i read the book, italy was where i wanted to visit most.

Blodeuedd  – (18 mei 2011 om 12:32)  

I fear that the last song was SO boring, Eat pray bored me too :(

Kelsey  – (18 mei 2011 om 12:42)  

I am dying to read Eat, Pray, Love- so glad you enjoyed it! I liked The Last Song, her little brother was so cute :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (18 mei 2011 om 18:02)  

Oh, I've wanted to see Myles movie. But I'm not in a rush to get to it. But I might have to see it after hearing you enjoyed it. :)

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (18 mei 2011 om 20:08)  

I watched The Last Song bc I LOVE the book, but I hated the film. I just couldn't stand Miley's acting in it haha it's amazing how tastes can be so different, eh? :)

Book Monster  – (18 mei 2011 om 20:46)  

Lol!! My mom loved this movie. I still haven't seen it!!

I love traveling. So much I am jetting off to Taiwan for a year starting this August :)

Jillian  – (19 mei 2011 om 00:02)  

I enjoyed the Italy part the most, but I didn't like the other parts. I was just so bored with it. Javier Bardem was awesome though.

notinthepink.com  – (20 mei 2011 om 08:54)  

"plots that already have been done before" - That made me giggle a lot. Hahaha.

Love that you want to go travelling. Ever since I can remember I've been wanting to see the world. :)

~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP