When Rose Wakes by Christopher Golden

Title: When Rose Wakes
Written by: Christopher Golden
Release date: September, 2010
Pages: 320
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
Her terrifying dreams are nothing compared to the all-too-real nightmare that awaits. . . .Ever since sixteen-year-old Rose DuBois woke up from months in a coma with absolutely no memories, she’s had to start from scratch. She knows she loves her two aunts who take care of her, and that they all used to live in France, but everything else from her life before is a blank.Rose tries to push through the memory gaps and start her new life, attending high school and living in Boston with her aunts, who have seriously old world ideas. Especially when it comes to boys. But despite their seemingly irrational fears and odd superstitions, they insist Rose not worry about the eerie dreams she’s having, vivid nightmares that she comes to realize are strangely like the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty. The evil witch, the friendly fairies, a curse that puts an entire town to sleep—Rose relives the frightening story every night. And when a mysterious raven-haired woman starts following her, Rose begins to wonder if she is the dormant princess. And now that she’s awake, she’s in terrible, terrible danger. .

My Review:
Who doesn’t love fairy tales?

Rose is a 16 year old girl and such a sweet character. She loves her aunts very much and I could really tell that she didn’t wanted to do anything that might hurt them. The relationship that was developing between Rose and Jared was fun to read about. I felt that Jared really cared about her and with all those wicked stuff happening believed her.

The aunts where great characters too. They reminded me of the aunts in the movie Practical Magic. Loving, caring and just so considerate.

I loved reading the dreams Rose haves. As a reader I got transported into a magical world and I loved it there. Mr. Golden has done a terrific good job with giving this fairy tale an unique twist. I can honestly say that it hasn’t been done before, so bravo.

I really enjoyed this book. I definitely recommend When Rose Wakes if you adore fairy tales as much as I do. My blog name fits this story well.

Lily Child  – (2 mei 2011 om 04:33)  

Ooooh! This sounds really good! I'll have to keep an eye out for it the next time I go book shopping! :)

Sullivan McPig  – (2 mei 2011 om 06:12)  

I've been on the fence about reading this one. I think I'll give it a try if I can get hold of it.

Andrea  – (2 mei 2011 om 08:08)  

I love fractured fairy tales so this might be right up by alley. I will have to try it. Thanks!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (2 mei 2011 om 10:24)  

This one sounds good...I haven't heard much of it before now!

Christina / Book Addict  – (2 mei 2011 om 11:01)  

I love fairy tales, but haven't read too many retellings or stories based on fairy tales that I've liked, so I will have to check out this one. I like how you said that the aunts are like the aunts from Practical Magic. I love that movie! Great review!

Missie  – (2 mei 2011 om 11:30)  

The cover is beautiful! I'm curious about that twist.

Ladybug  – (2 mei 2011 om 11:55)  

This is the first time I've seen this book around, I'm adding it to my wishlist since I like a good fairy tale.

Jenny N.  – (2 mei 2011 om 12:23)  

I've been curious about this one and now I want to read it even more.

Kelsey  – (2 mei 2011 om 12:28)  

This sounds like a fantastic fairy tale!

Blueicegal ♥  – (2 mei 2011 om 12:35)  

It does sound interesting, thanks for sharing your thoughts Nina!

Michelle  – (2 mei 2011 om 12:52)  

I really like the sound of this one a lot. Glad to see you enjoyed it! :)

Blodeuedd  – (2 mei 2011 om 13:26)  

Ohhh sounds really good. The book does speak to me and I sure love fairytales too

bermudaonion  – (2 mei 2011 om 14:55)  

That book is new to me, but I bet my sister would love it!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (2 mei 2011 om 15:32)  

Oh I love a fairy tale told in a new way. It's going on my wishlist!!

Aths  – (2 mei 2011 om 16:27)  

This book sounds great and entertaining! I will be checking it out.

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (2 mei 2011 om 17:06)  

I've never heard of this one before, but I love the sound of it, and I totally have a thing for fairy tales. Fab review, Nina :)

A Canadian Girl  – (2 mei 2011 om 20:48)  

I haven't heard of this one but I love fairytale retellings so I'm adding this one to my wishlist. Great review, Nina!

Stacey Donaldson  – (3 mei 2011 om 06:56)  

I am a sucker for fairy tales! I hadn't heard of this book before your review, so thanks so much for shaing! I will have to put it in my TBR.

New follower. Found you on In the Hammock

Jenny  – (3 mei 2011 om 07:30)  

I adore fairy tales! I hadn't heard of this one before Nina, so I'm super excited you posted a review of it, it's now going on my list:)

chelleyreads  – (3 mei 2011 om 09:53)  

love the bright, colorful cover on this one. i love fairy tales too so i'm definitely checking this one out. great review :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (3 mei 2011 om 10:27)  

oooh, a new twist! I'd love to read this, and the cover is gorgeous!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (3 mei 2011 om 17:12)  

I've really been getting into the fairy tales and fairy reads lately. ANd this sounds like a great one to read. Thank you for the amazing review!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (3 mei 2011 om 19:58)  

I love fairy tales! Thanks for the great review and recommendation. I'll have to add this one to my wishlist.

YA Vampire Books  – (4 mei 2011 om 12:15)  

Sounds like an interesting twist on the Sleeping Beauty tale!
Great review!

hmsgofita  – (7 mei 2011 om 22:06)  

I've never heard of this one. I love the cover! Gorgeous. Adding it to my long list!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP