Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Title: Forgotten
Written by: Cat Patrick
Release date: June, 2011
Pages: 288
Source: Egmont UK

My Feelings:


Description:
Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

My Review:
When I received this book I was so happy I did a happy dance. Seriously! I wanted to read this book since I’ve seen it on a post for new books. The description just made me think I never read anything like that before and if that doesn’t make you run to the bookstore, at least the cover will.

London is likeable character. She’s caring, cautious and thoughtful. She reminds me of Drew Barrymore in the movie 50 first dates.
Luke is adorable. I mean he literally is perfect. There’s no flaws to this character. Is that even possible? I mean there must be something wicked about him. And then we have Jamie. I don’t like this character. In the beginning she was okay, but then when something didn’t go the way she wanted it to go her whole attitude changed.

The plot is fascinating. The mystery around the visions London have kept me turning the pages. Also the romance is really nice. Luke and London together is just so cute and adorable. I can’t wait to see how their relationship will develop.

Forgotten is a book you should get. I highly recommend it to you.

Jillian  – (27 juni 2011 om 00:29)  

This one I want to read so much! The plot line does sound fantastic and the cover looks haunting!

Blodeuedd  – (27 juni 2011 om 01:18)  

I am happy to see that you liked it :D What a good premise! To forget everything, so intriguing

Steph  – (27 juni 2011 om 02:12)  

I've heard so many good things about this book! I can't wait to read it :)

Nina  – (27 juni 2011 om 03:01)  

@Jillian: Indeed, the cover is very haunting. I'm loving this cover! ;)

Lily Child  – (27 juni 2011 om 03:41)  

Yay! What a great review! I bought this a while back. I definitely need to push it up on my tbr list! :)

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (27 juni 2011 om 06:23)  

I love this book - it's one of my faves!

I need to watch Fifty First Dates - people keep telling me that Forgotten is quite like the movie.

Jenny N.  – (27 juni 2011 om 09:07)  

I like the sound of Forgotten. How can anyone be as perfect as Luke, it just makes me want to read it and see for myself.

Lisa  – (27 juni 2011 om 09:09)  

I've heard such great things about this book. I would have done a happy dance too!

Amber  – (27 juni 2011 om 09:16)  

Glad that both the characters and plot were interesting. Can't wait to read this one!

YA Book Queen  – (27 juni 2011 om 10:23)  

Ooh, this sounds so amazing! Luke sounds too good to be true ;)

Great review, Nina!

Nina  – (27 juni 2011 om 10:34)  

@Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews): You should def. watch that movie. It's so funny and very romantic!

@Jenny N. & YA Book Queen: I just can't believe he's that perfect. There must be something going on with him that we just don't know yet. ;)

Kelsey  – (27 juni 2011 om 10:56)  

I agree the plot was definitely fascinating. Glad you enjoyed this as well!

A Canadian Girl  – (27 juni 2011 om 21:18)  

Is 50 First Dates the one where Barrymore has amnesia? If so, I enjoyed watching that movie. A comparison to it is a good thing.

Nina  – (28 juni 2011 om 02:48)  

@A Canadian Girl: Yes, that's the right movie! ;) That movie was so much fun to watch. ;)

Shy  – (28 juni 2011 om 06:04)  

I'll definitely have to pick up my copy very soon! Didn't it bother you that the male character in it is flawless? Or there is a reason behind it?

Sarah  – (28 juni 2011 om 07:57)  

Wow, the U.S. cover is different. I'd seen it around, but nothing about it made me want to read the summary. I think I like this cover better, and I'm glad to hear it's a good book :) Thanks for the review!

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (28 juni 2011 om 18:38)  

I love the sound of this one, but I've seen some mixed reviews, saying it was a bit difficult. I definitely want to try it though. Awesome review, Nina! :)

Cari  – (28 juni 2011 om 21:25)  

Oh! I want to read this one. Great review!

Nina  – (29 juni 2011 om 11:55)  

@Shy: I hope that we get to know him better in the sequal and maybe even find out some of his secrets..if he has any. :)

@Sarah: I like this cover also better than the US one. :)

Aleetha  – (30 juni 2011 om 20:06)  

I read this book two years ago when a local publisher plan to translate it into my language. Unfortunately, They canceled it.

I gave 3.5 for this book

I prefer the US cover :D

Julie  – (30 juni 2011 om 23:56)  

I've read such great things about this one!! I must read it. Adding it to my ever growing pile...lol

Nina  – (1 juli 2011 om 03:00)  

@Aleetha: Sorry to hear that they didn't translated it. Maybe they will do it now.

vvb32 reads  – (1 juli 2011 om 17:00)  

sounds cute albeit a paranormal mystery. love the cover with the eye-catching red.

Aths  – (1 juli 2011 om 18:22)  

I read your Interview With.. first, in which you mention this book and I just loved the sound of it. I'm glad you enjoyed this and I can't wait to read this one!

Missie  – (1 juli 2011 om 23:01)  

Luke is completely adorable. I kind of thought he was a little too perfect, but hey, it worked for the story.

Sorry you didn't like Jamie. I thought she was in way over her head and could have really used her friend.

joanna  – (6 juli 2011 om 10:57)  

What a beautiful cover! This sounds great, I'll look out for it!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP