Hexbound by Chloe Neill

Title: Hexbound
Written by: Chloe Neill
Release date: January, 2011
Pages: 224
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
They say absolute power corrupts absolutely. Turns out, even a little magic can turn you to the dark side. That’s why Lily has to learn how to control her newly discovered paranormal abilities, on top of avoiding the snobs who think they run her school, nursing a crush on a cute sophomore with a big, werewolf-y secret, and fighting the good fight with her best friend Scout as they take on Chicago’s nastiest nightlife—including the tainted magic users known as Reapers.

Then Lily’s invited to a private meeting with Sebastian. He’s hot, powerful, and offering to help her harness the magic flowing in her veins in a way no one else can. He’s also a Reaper. Lily can’t hide her suspicions. But she’ll soon find out that the line between good and evil isn’t always clear.

My Review:
Have I already said that I absolutely love this series. The Dark Elite has everything I enjoy reading in a book, boarding school, new girl in town (Even though sometimes it’s get old) and just wicked powers. And it’s very rare that the sequel is better than the first book, but Hexbound is way better.

Why? Well, there’s more Jason. And he’s so damn cute and sweet. The dialogue between him and Lily is just hilarious and so cute. Just thinking about him puts a smile on my face. I also love that we get to see a bit more of Sebastian. I have no idea if he truly belongs to the bad boys. He feels so genuine. You got to love a mysterious bad boy. I’m a bit worried that Lily is going to like him much more than Jason. But I have to read book three to see if that is going to happen.

I liked the plot a lot. It’s suspenseful, action filled and just a thrilling ride to be on. But as usual it was over too soon. I need more action! I also got introduced to new supernatural beings who live underground and they where creepy.

Hex Bound is a must read for people who love YA paranormal stories. I definitely recommend.

Missie  – (23 juni 2011 om 10:29)  

I have not yet read this series, but I'm glad I've continued to hear great things about it. Jason sounds so swoon worthy and that is something that appeals to me every time!

Fun review, Nina. Thanks!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (23 juni 2011 om 11:00)  

I hope the over too soon doesn't mean cliffhanger! I do have this on my wishlist. I want to read them all! This sounds perfect for me.

Nina  – (23 juni 2011 om 11:00)  

@Missie: He really is swoon worthy! ;)

Darlyn  – (23 juni 2011 om 12:49)  

Wow, you really make me to read this.I wonder if I already put this on my TBR pile. Great review!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (23 juni 2011 om 12:49)  

This does sound like a good series! Great review, and thanks for the recommendation--suspense and action make for an exciting story.

YA Book Queen  – (23 juni 2011 om 13:36)  

All right, I'm going to absolutely check out the first book now. I'm a sucker for boarding school books and suspense ;)

Blodeuedd  – (23 juni 2011 om 14:12)  

I am glad you liked book 2 also :D
I am curious to see what happens to her, and her lovelife

Jenny N.  – (23 juni 2011 om 16:36)  

Same here, no idea whether Sebastian is good or bad. But it seems that there is more to the Dark Elite than Lily knows.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (23 juni 2011 om 17:22)  

Oh, I do want to get into this series and soooo glad to see you are enjoying it. :) Thanks for the wonderful review!

Nina  – (24 juni 2011 om 01:45)  

@Jenny N: I can't wait to read more about Sebastian! I hope he really does belongs to the good guys, but we'll see! :)

Jenny  – (24 juni 2011 om 07:45)  

I really enjoy this series too! I just love Chloe Neill's sense of humor, and I'm a huge fan of Jason and Sebastian. I can't wait to see where things go with them:)

joanna  – (24 juni 2011 om 10:11)  

Sounds like a great series, I love a boarding school setting!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (24 juni 2011 om 10:57)  

I didn't continue with this series after the first book. This one sounds like it's better in the romance stakes though, so maybe I should check it out!

Nina  – (24 juni 2011 om 15:02)  

@Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews): You should really try reading the sequal, this one is much better! If you are not sure you are going to adore it as much as I did you can always borrow it at the library. Saves money. ;)

YA Vampire Books  – (25 juni 2011 om 06:51)  

Great review! I so want to read this series!

Nina  – (25 juni 2011 om 07:02)  

@YA Vampire Books: Thank you! Hopefully you will adore the books as much as I do. ;)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (26 juni 2011 om 05:03)  

I like a little darkness in my reads. Great review

Nina  – (26 juni 2011 om 06:23)  

@Liz @ Cleverly Inked: Then you must get this series!!

Lily Child  – (27 juni 2011 om 03:40)  

I feel like the story is stepped up in this second installment. I am glad you liked it! I don't know about you, but I can hardly wait to find out what happens next! :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP