Secret Pony Society by Janet Rising

Title: Secret Pony Society
Written by: Janet Rising
Release date: June, 2011
Pages: 192
Source: Sourcebooks

My Feelings:


Description:
The third installment in Janet Rising's fun and fresh new horse series featuring a girl that can talk to horses-and an irreverent, sarcastic pony that talks right back!
In Secret Pony Society, everyone at the stables is on alert when traveling gypsies return to the area. But Pia cannot help but be drawn to one traveler girl, Jazz, who has real pony-whispering powers. When she and her pony become runaways, should Pia help Jazz-and risk her new friendships at the stables?

My Review:
I’m not a huge fan of stories with horses in it, so I was wondering if this is the right type of book for me that I will enjoy. But I have to say that it surprised me in a good way. I actually liked it.

Pia is a fun young girl. You could really tell she loved her horse very much and that she would do anything for him to keep him safe. I didn’t really get to knew her, but I think it’s because it’s the third instalment in the Pony Whisperer series. Her horse, Drum, brings the humor in this story. He´s very sarcastic and very funny.

The plot is nice. I liked the mystery part a lot, but it was easy to find out who the person was who did something bad. I also thought there would be more talking to horses, but there really wasn’t a lot of it going on. The plot really is about helping Jazz.

All in all Secret Pony Society is a fun book that middle graders will enjoy.

This is the cover of the book that I received from Sourcebooks!
Very cute!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (29 juni 2011 om 12:22)  

Oh this sounds like a cute MG book. I know a MG girl that might like it. She loves horses.

Blodeuedd  – (29 juni 2011 om 12:53)  

Awwww pony books :D I loved those when I was younger

Kelsey  – (29 juni 2011 om 13:17)  

This looks like a fun series for young readers!

Milli  – (29 juni 2011 om 13:26)  

I agree, 'horse' books aren't my cup of tea. But, It sounds like a sweet book C: Thanks for the review!

-milli www.doodlereads.blogspot.com

Jenny N.  – (29 juni 2011 om 14:46)  

I don't read too many middle greade books but it looks like a cute series.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (29 juni 2011 om 17:19)  

Aww, sounds like a nice book. and I love horses! :) Thank you for the review.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (29 juni 2011 om 18:07)  

Awww!! i love books with horses in them!! This sounds so cute!!

Jillian  – (29 juni 2011 om 19:13)  

Might have to skip this one, but this does look cute. I think I would appreciate this when I was younger.

A Canadian Girl  – (29 juni 2011 om 21:39)  

I loved reading horse stories when I was little. This one would probably have appealed to the younger me.

Shy  – (30 juni 2011 om 11:09)  

Never really read a book about horse myself but I've a feeling that the younger me will surely love this one.

Aleetha  – (30 juni 2011 om 20:00)  

I have never seen this book. This is new for me.
I hope I can get the chance to read it as well. I love MG books :D

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (4 juli 2011 om 05:49)  

That bottom cover, The horses eyes look freaky

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP