Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt

Title: Sometimes It Happens
Written by: Lauren Barnholdt
Release date: July, 2011
Pages: 320
Source: Simon & Schuster e-Galley

My Feelings:


Description:
On the last day of her junior year, Hannah's boyfriend Sebastian dumped her. Facing a summer of loneliness, Hannah turns to her best friend Ava for comfort. Ava does what BFFs do: she stays by Hannah's side...until it's time for Ava to head up to Maine for the summer. Also left behind is Ava's boyfriend, Noah, who's such a great guy he gets Hannah a job at the diner he waits tables at. Slowly, Hannah comes out of her funk thanks to Noah's good conversation and their fun times at the diner. But things get complicated when their friendship turns into attraction--and one night, into a passionate kiss.

My Review:
So sometimes it’s good to read a book out of your comfort zone. And Sometimes It Happens is definitely out of my comfort zone and I’m glad I decided to read this one. I absolutely adored it. I started reading it at one o'clock in the afternoon and couldn’t stop reading it till I finished the whole thing!

Hannah is a character a lot of people can relate too. After the breakup she does what every teenager/adult would do, eat and sleep all day. I liked Hannah a lot. She’s likeable, messy, friendly and stubborn. And she loves to eat ice creams. Seriously while reading this book I wanted to get a big bowl of Ben & Jerry’s chocolate chip cookie dough and eat it. Noah was another character I liked. Yes, they both did a shady thing, but I still liked him. He’s smart and listens to Sting. How can you go wrong with that?

The plot is fun and very good. Mix girls backstabbing each other, cheating boyfriends, a bunch of lies and ice cream together and you get a perfect combination of drama that makes every boy and girl addicted to this story.

Christina / Book Addict  – (13 juni 2011 om 07:32)  

Great review, Nina! I enjoyed this one too. I really liked the character of Hannah and I wasn't sure at first, but she definitely grew on me. I loved her obsession with ice cream, too. :)

Missie  – (13 juni 2011 om 09:43)  

Seems like I've read a mix of reviews for this one. I guess it is the kind of book that you really love or hate.

I like reading books out of my comfort zone too. It's the best way to discover a new-to-me genre.

Thanks for the review, Nina. Now I want a bowl of ice-cream! :)

Blodeuedd  – (13 juni 2011 om 13:10)  

Oh no, I hate backstabbing :( That is the worst thing about YA books

Jenny N.  – (13 juni 2011 om 13:45)  

Sounds like another book I have to add to my summer reading list.

Sarah  – (13 juni 2011 om 14:54)  

Sounds interesting--I will probably add it to my list. Thanks for the review :)

Shy  – (14 juni 2011 om 06:44)  

I love light read once in awhile. I've to admit that I've never readlly heard of this title but the premise surely sounds good and sweet (Well, not the backstabbing part, certainly!). I really am curious to know this book ends =)

A Canadian Girl  – (14 juni 2011 om 09:46)  

While I didn't love this one, I did like it. It really was full of drama :)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (14 juni 2011 om 16:31)  

I enjoy a book out of my comfort zone. It's always a nice surprise when it turns out good.

Jillian  – (14 juni 2011 om 23:27)  

Awesome. I definitely want to get my hands on this one.

Nina  – (15 juni 2011 om 09:56)  

@Blodeuedd: Really? I love it. ;)In books ofcourse!!!

Lisa  – (15 juni 2011 om 10:22)  

I think sometimes you find the best books are ones that are out of your comfort zone. We all tend to end up sometimes reading the same types of books and need to change it up sometimes.

Jenny  – (15 juni 2011 om 10:53)  

Now I really want Ben and Jerry's ice cream too:) Don't you just love when you're not sure about a book and then you end up loving it? That always makes me happy when it happens. Lovely review Nina!

bermudaonion  – (15 juni 2011 om 10:58)  

I love books that suck me in that way!

Nina  – (15 juni 2011 om 10:58)  

@Jenny: I absolutely love it when that happens! ;)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (15 juni 2011 om 13:58)  

LOL! Now I must have some ice cream. I'm blaming it all on you!

Glad you enjoyed this book. Sounds like a good summer YA read.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (15 juni 2011 om 17:28)  

Wonderful review. And so glad you enjoyed the book so, especially since it's out of your comfort zone. :) That is great. :) Thank you!

Bianca  – (15 juni 2011 om 18:21)  

Loved your review! Glad you liked the book. I haven't read any by her so I'll have to check her out sometime soon! :)

Justine  – (15 juni 2011 om 19:40)  

Wow, 5 stars! Hoooray, Lauren Barnholdt! I've yet to read more of her novels :)

Alison  – (15 juni 2011 om 20:20)  

This sounds like a fun contemporary romance. Why would you say it's outside of your comfort zone?
Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream sounds great right now!

Nina  – (16 juni 2011 om 05:09)  

The genre I usually read is paranormal romance and urban fantasy! I love those two genres! But this month I have read a lot of contemporary teen lit. It's not my favourite genre and also I have not read a lot of books in this genre! :)

Lauren  – (16 juni 2011 om 07:51)  

Yay I'm so glad to see you enjoyed this one, as it's one of my favorite books of '11 so far. I agree that Hannah was a very likable character, and while I normally don't condone cheating of any kind, it was so hard not to root for Hannah and Noah to get a happy ending. Oh and since you liked this one you should give Barnholdt's Two Way Stret a try. It's a great read as well. :)

Nina  – (16 juni 2011 om 11:15)  

@Lauren: I really enjoyed her writingstyle and I already added her other books on my tbr list. Thank you for recommending Two Way Street! :)

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (16 juni 2011 om 13:05)  

This sounds like a fab book. I’m in a contemporary funk at the moment, but I’ll definitely give this one a try in the future. Great review!

yavampirebooks  – (19 juni 2011 om 08:11)  

Who doesn't like icecream? ;) I really liked this book as well! Noah was such a sweet guy!

Nina  – (25 juni 2011 om 10:20)  

@Christie: Hopefully you'll soon get out of the contemporary funk . ;)

@yavampirebooks: I know right! Delicious.

notinthepink.com  – (26 juni 2011 om 13:23)  

This sounds like a sweet read. :)

What was it that made it out of your comfort zone, hun?

~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP