Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

I like both covers of Shadowland, but if I had to choose one it would be the US cover. The light that falls on the girl in the US cover looks a bit more natural than the *red* light in the Dutch cover. The hand of the girl on the Dutch cover looks a bit weird and I'm not loving the thing she has in it. It just looks fake. I also love the font they used for the title on the US cover. All in all I think the US cover stands out a bit more.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Blodeuedd  – (6 juli 2011 om 04:46)  

I do like the US better cos of the light

Briana  – (6 juli 2011 om 08:00)  

I have to agree with you. The Dutch cover is beautiful, but something about the US cover is just breathtaking!

Christina / Book Addict  – (6 juli 2011 om 08:17)  

I agree. The US cover really works and is more eye-catching!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (6 juli 2011 om 08:21)  

I like both covers, but I think the US cover is just a little better. Also, the girl on the US cover looks like I imagine Ever to look while the girl on the Dutch cover doesn't fit the description of the character.

Missie  – (6 juli 2011 om 08:35)  

I have to go with US on this round.

Have I told you how much I love this feature, Nina. Thanks for posting.

Jenny  – (6 juli 2011 om 08:43)  

They're super similar, I wouldn't have expected that:) I'd have to go with the US cover as well, I think you're right about the lighting!

Jenny N.  – (6 juli 2011 om 10:21)  

I'm picking the US cover and I agree about the lighting.

Lisa  – (6 juli 2011 om 11:22)  

I like the US cover better too. I feel that the model in the US cover glows and has a secret.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (6 juli 2011 om 11:37)  

They are almost the same. I think I'll lean toward the US one. I like the necklace better. lol

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (6 juli 2011 om 19:12)  

they have a similar effect, but i like the necklace on the us one.

Nic @ Irresistible Reads  – (7 juli 2011 om 00:40)  

They are both gorgeous but I do like the US slightly more. Are covers are slightly different here too in Australia for this series. Especially the last one which is completely different.

Alison  – (7 juli 2011 om 19:16)  

I prefer the US one. I'm really shallow...I just don't think the Dutch girl on the cover is as pretty as the girl on the American cover :-(

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (8 juli 2011 om 08:24)  

I'm actually surprised that these two are kind of close in the cover art. Yes different, but same idea. I like that. But I think I'm more taken with the lighting on the US cover. :)

BooksforCompany  – (8 juli 2011 om 11:24)  

I like both but the Dutch cover has something extra.

hmsgofita  – (9 juli 2011 om 13:49)  

I definitely like the US cover better. The picture as a whole seems more natural and interesting.

Andrea  – (11 juli 2011 om 14:09)  

I like the US cover just a little more.

Lu  – (12 juli 2011 om 02:40)  

I like the US cover :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP