Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

I love these two covers. When I look at the Dutch cover it gives me a summer feeling. It also looks like a lot of fun. I like that it's simple and yep, I love the girl's hair. I also love the colors of the font and that the title really stands out. The US cover is beautiful. I love that we can see the road ahead of the girl and that we are sure that the girl is going to take it. I love the colors and the softness of it. This time US wins for me.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Blodeuedd  – (20 juli 2011 om 03:40)  

I think it all depends on what the book is about. the Dutch is perfect for a light summer read, while the US one has to be more dramatic or give you something to think about to work

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (20 juli 2011 om 04:43)  

I love both but from reading the title I would chose the US cover :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (20 juli 2011 om 05:57)  

I really like both, but I am going to go with the Dutch cover b/c it has that lighthearted feeling, whereas the US one seems more serious.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (20 juli 2011 om 06:27)  

I love both covers, but I think I'm leaning towards the US. Seems more dark and mysterious. I'll have to check out this book - sounds good!

Jillian  – (20 juli 2011 om 06:37)  

US! It looks more mysterious and intriguing, while the Dutch one simply looks like an ordinary summer read. It's not as eye catching and attention grabbing to me.

Trish (Just a YA Girl)  – (20 juli 2011 om 07:06)  

I like them both! But I guess, if I had to choose I'd go with the Dutch cover. I love her hair. LOL. The US feels very dark where the Dutch feels light.

♥ Trish
Just a YA Girl

Lisa  – (20 juli 2011 om 08:21)  

I agree that it depends on what the book is about. The Dutch cover seems like a lighter read whereas the U.S. cover has more of a mysterious and unsettling feeling.

Jenny  – (20 juli 2011 om 09:29)  

I think I like the US one a little better too - it's got a little more mystery to it and I like that we can't see her face, it makes me want to know what she looks like even more:)

Penelope Lolohea  – (20 juli 2011 om 10:47)  

I like both covers! I love the light and colors of the US cover, but I also like the light, fun feel of the Dutch cover.

Jenny N.  – (20 juli 2011 om 10:48)  

Let me first say that I have no idea what the book is about so I'm just going by the covers. The Dutch one looks like a more funish read and for the US one I'd rather see the girl's face than the back of her head.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (20 juli 2011 om 10:52)  

I like them both. The Dutch seems more hopeful while the other seems more somber. Yet both are cool.

Side note: LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your new background and little owls!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (20 juli 2011 om 11:25)  

I don't know... The US one has a sense of foreboding to it and the Dutch one has a sense of carefree summer. I guess it depends on what the book is about. I find it so interesting that they are so different!

Andrea  – (20 juli 2011 om 11:54)  

I like the Dutch cover best!

Briana  – (20 juli 2011 om 13:54)  

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of either of them. I guess if I had to choose, the US one. It's a bit more mysterious.

Kelsey  – (20 juli 2011 om 15:28)  

Both of these covers are intriguing...they both look like they represent a different story. I'm honestly torn! I guess I'll have to read the book to see which one fits better :)

Christy @TheReaderBee  – (20 juli 2011 om 18:51)  

Both covers are awesome! I haven't heard of this book before, but it's definitely going on my list!

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (20 juli 2011 om 19:29)  

I think the US wins this time - I think it portrays the title better :)

BooksforCompany  – (21 juli 2011 om 15:16)  

I like both of them but definitely the US one! =)

vvb32 reads  – (22 juli 2011 om 11:30)  

i like the US one because it lends a bit of mystery to it.

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (24 juli 2011 om 06:33)  

Dramatically different, One looks almost dark and disturbing, the other like a bubble gum read.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP