Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

I love, love the Dutch cover of Chasing Lilacs. It's just perfect for the summer. I love the dress she's wearing and the colour pops out. I like the font of the title a lot. It's big and fits so well with the cover. If I saw this book at the bookstore I would buy it. Yeah, that's how crazy I am about this cover. The US cover is just okay. If the girls face was shown it probably would have been a lot better.

Here you can find the description of the book!
BTW if you never heard of this book before, it's a YOUNG ADULT book.

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Christina / Book Addict  – (27 juli 2011 om 05:47)  

I agree. The Dutch cover is gorgeous, whereas the US cover is a bit too sparse for me. Thanks for sharing these!

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (27 juli 2011 om 06:10)  

Wow, the Dutch cover is so, so pretty. Me want! Only thing is that I wouldn't have understood more than a couple of words(some words are a bit like our Norwegian words or vice versa).

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (27 juli 2011 om 07:49)  

I think in this case, I definitely prefer the US. The Dutch one is nice though :)

Lisa  – (27 juli 2011 om 09:10)  

I like the Dutch cover better on this one. There is something about the girl's shirt in the U.S. cover that turns me off of it.

Jenny  – (27 juli 2011 om 09:42)  

I'm with you on the Dutch cover for this one! I like all the greenery with the pop of red from her shirt:) On the US cover it looks like those flowers have been photoshopped into her hand and I don't like how her face is cropped.

Blodeuedd  – (27 juli 2011 om 09:45)  

I like the US more, there just seems to be more of a story behind it

Jenny N.  – (27 juli 2011 om 10:09)  

The Dutch one would stand out more for me too.

vvb32 reads  – (27 juli 2011 om 14:34)  

dutch one! i like the close-up.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (27 juli 2011 om 19:18)  

Dutch one. Although the other one does look like she is chasing them and not standing with them. ;)

Missie  – (29 juli 2011 om 09:14)  

I think the Dutch cover may be a bit too busy. My eyes are all over the place. But I really like the US, plain and simple.

Sarah  – (29 juli 2011 om 16:03)  

I agree--the Dutch cover is much more attractive. Or maybe distinctive is the word. The US cover looks like too many other covers. Also, do you remember the name of the Belgian bookstore you mentioned in your comment on my post about the Jane Addams Book Shop? I'm just curious :)

BooksforCompany  – (30 juli 2011 om 03:59)  

The Dutch cover is nice but I feel it could be better with better lighting,still pretty though =)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (31 juli 2011 om 04:34)  

I love the seriousness of the girl in the Dutch cover. It brings a new element. I also like the colors of the the US book. The way the storm is rolling in.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (31 juli 2011 om 09:21)  

I love the Dutch cover of this one. The colours are so vibrant! Really pretty!

Penelope Lolohea  – (31 juli 2011 om 10:43)  

They're both great, but I agree that the US cover would be MUCH better if the girl's face were showing. Oh, and I love the purples on the Dutch cover. So pretty!

YA Book Queen  – (1 augustus 2011 om 11:22)  

I really love the Dutch cover! Love her bright dress too,

notinthepink.com  – (7 augustus 2011 om 09:23)  

I have to go with the Dutch cover on this one too. The US one looks too generic.

~*~*~

Ceri

notinthepink.com  – (7 augustus 2011 om 09:23)  

I have to go with the Dutch cover on this one too. The US one looks too generic.

~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP