Early to Death, Early to Rise by Kim Harrison

Title: Early to Death, Early to Rise
Written by: Kim Harrison
Release date: May, 2010
Pages: 240
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
Seventeen, dead, and in charge of heaven's dark angels—all itching to kill someone.
Madison Avery's dreams of ever fitting in at her new school died when she did. Especially since she was able to maintain the illusion of a body, deal with a pesky guardian angel, and oh yeah, bring the reaper who killed her to his untimely end. Not exactly in-crowd material. It's amazing that her crush, Josh, doesn't think she's totally nuts.
Now Madison has learned that she's the dark timekeeper, in charge of angels who follow the murky guidelines of fate. Never one to abide by the rules, she decides it's time for a major change to the system. With the help of some unlikely allies, Madison forms a rogue group of reapers who definitely don't adhere to the rules of the heavens.
But as she grapples with the terrifying new skills that come with being a timekeeper, Madison realizes she may not be prepared for what lies ahead—unless she gets some seriously divine intervention.

My Review:
I absolutely loved Early to Death, Early to Rise. And I don’t know if you know it already, but I’m a huge fan of this series. HUGE. So after reading the first book Once Dead, Twice Shy I could not believe I had to wait till 2011 to read the sequel. And yes I do admit that I did a happy dance when the sequel arrived at my doorstep.

Madison, oh Madison, what can I tell you about her. A kick ass heroine, who’s considerate and at times very hilarious. All of the characters in this story are fantastic. Baranabas is loyal to Madison and every time I was reading about him I had a goofy smile on my face. He’s so fine. And then we have Nakita. OMG. She’s very determined and feisty. She could kill you with just one finger. And I’m serious here. Oh I almost forgot about Grace. She’s reminds me of a fierce, witty Tinkerbelle. You got to love that.

The plot is really good. There’s plenty of action scenes to get an action addict glued to the pages and seriously I was. The story is also fast paced and I was so sad when I reached the last page.

Get it, devour it and love it. Early to Death, Early to Rise is a book you should get!

Blodeuedd  – (1 juli 2011 om 05:36)  

How sad that she is dead :( Dunno what I think about reading about someone who is dead already

Nina  – (1 juli 2011 om 05:52)  

@Blodeuedd: You should really try it! OMG, I can't recommend it enough! It's so GOOD!

booksntea  – (1 juli 2011 om 05:53)  

I've not heard of this series, but you've certainly turned me on to it! I've starred the post in my Google reader so I don't lose it. I feel like I NEED to read these books.

I've always enjoyed the books that I've read that revolved around death. Hope that doesn't make me morbid. But, after a while they all seemed too similar. This sounds like it will be an interesting twist!

- Jackie

Christina / Book Addict  – (1 juli 2011 om 06:57)  

I have actually never heard of this series, but I'll have to check it out, especially since you like it a lot. Great review!

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (1 juli 2011 om 07:40)  

Great review! This series sounds great! I should probably give it a try since I have the first one on my KIndle. If only I could give up sleep for more reading time!

Jenny  – (1 juli 2011 om 07:56)  

I haven't read this series yet but I do love Kim Harrison! Glad I didn't read the first one when it came out though, I'm not a patient person when having to wait for sequels of books I love! Nice review Nina:)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (1 juli 2011 om 10:39)  

i've always been curious about this one! glad to hear its so good!!

Jenny N.  – (1 juli 2011 om 13:16)  

You make it sound so good. I will have to start this series sometime.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (1 juli 2011 om 13:56)  

You had me at "fierce, witty Tinkerbelle". I mean I can't resist that! Yes, I do need to pick up this series.

Missie  – (1 juli 2011 om 22:58)  

Yay! I'm happy to hear that this second book did not disappoint. I haven't read the first book yet, but sounds like a series I'd enjoy.

Nina  – (2 juli 2011 om 06:08)  

@Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast: If that was possible, I would do that too. ;)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP