Ondine, The Autumn Palace by Ebony McKenna

Title: Ondine, The Autumn Palace
Written by: Ebony McKenna
Release date: February, 2011
Pages: 371
Source: Egmont UK

My Feelings:



Description:
One boy, one girl, one plot to be foiled! Hamish the gorgeous man (and part time ferret) has a new job with the Duke as a spy in his Autumn Palace. So Ondine goes with him. She imagines a hugely romantic escapade together that involves lots of kissing. What she hadn't imagined was having to do endless laundry, go to school and keep Hamish the man a secret. All the while trying to find out who is plotting to kill the Duke. And if that weren't bad enough, it seems that Hamish is more interested in getting the Duke's attention than hers. Plus he's always in ferret form. Things can't go on like this! Can Ondine foil the would-be assassin, save the Duke and get her man back in gorgeous human form? It's going to take a little bit of magic, a lot of stolen kisses and some ferreting around...

My Review:
After reading and falling in love with Ondine, The Summer of Shambles, I had big expectations for Ondine, The Autumn Palace. And with a smile on my face I can honestly say that it exceeded all of them.

All of the main characters are still likable and entertaining. I especially liked aunt Col and wished there was more of her in the story. She was pretty hilarious when she used her wicked powers. I hope that she gets a bigger role in the third book. The only complain I have is that Ondine was a bit too pouty, either because Shambles didn’t return to his human form or that he didn’t had any time for her.

I really liked the romance in this story. It was just lovely and so sweet, just how I like it in fairy tales. It wasn’t hard to find out who the person was that wanted the Duke death, but it was still enjoyable to read how Ondine, Shambles and aunt Col connected the dots together.

Ondine, The Autumn Palace was a fun, light-hearted book. You should pick it up if you want to be super entertained. I definitely recommend to all fairytale fans!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (28 juli 2011 om 11:32)  

Well both books sound so delightful! Part time ferret? I need to know just because of that! lol I do like retold fairytales so I think I should read it!

Blodeuedd  – (28 juli 2011 om 12:25)  

I wanna be super entertained :D And Hamish the ferret sounds so fun, and cute

Jenny N.  – (28 juli 2011 om 15:11)  

Good to know that this is just as good as the first book. I'm always in for a sweet romance so will have to check this series out.

Jillian  – (29 juli 2011 om 00:33)  

Why have I not even heard of this book? And a series?? Haven't heard of it either!! But I think I need to remedy that as soon as possible because it sounds so lovely. and that cover!! It's so pretty.

A Canadian Girl  – (29 juli 2011 om 03:15)  

I love it when books exceed your expectations. I haven't heard of this series but I'll be checking it out now. The cover of this one is cute.

Nina  – (29 juli 2011 om 08:24)  

@Mellisa: Yeah, def. check this series out. Hamish is delightful. So cute. :) You will love him.

@Blodeudd: Who doesn't, right? You will be super entertained if you read these two books. They are fabulous. ;)

@Jenny: Def. a sweet romance. It's so cute, you will be smiling from start to end.

@Jillian: I don't know! ;) Well the ending is not like a real ending. It's not a cliffhanger, but more that she finds something out. Something so cool that there must be a third book. ;)

@A Canadian Girl: Have you checked the first cover out? It's really beautiful. There's a scene in the book that will explain the cover of this book. ;)

Missie  – (29 juli 2011 om 09:16)  

So this is a series of retold fairy tales? I like the sound of that, but most of all, I'm a sucker for sweet romances. I will have to check these books out. Love the cover.

Thanks for the review, Nina.

Alyssa@Teens Read and Write  – (29 juli 2011 om 13:02)  

I love fairy tale stuff. This sounds adorable and it's amazing that it exceeded your expectations!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (29 juli 2011 om 16:43)  

Oh yay!! I love shambles/hamish!! This is one of my favorite series!!

btw did you change your layout, i like it a lot!!

vvb32 reads  – (29 juli 2011 om 17:00)  

beautiful cover and a smile on your face? i'm convinced.

chelleyreads  – (30 juli 2011 om 00:41)  

This sounds like a fun read. Thanks for the great review!

Happy reading:)
-leslie
booksandmakeup.blogspot.com

Blueicegal ♥  – (30 juli 2011 om 04:55)  

It does sound like a light fun read. I'll be keeping an eye out for it Nina :)

Ebony McKenna.  – (30 juli 2011 om 16:11)  

Cheers to Google Alerts for letting me know this review was up :-D

Hugs and kisses to Nina,
thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about the Ondine books. I'm so thrilled you had a lovely time again in Brugel with Ondine and Hamish.

I have written other novels that are with my agent, and do plan on writing a third Ondine in the very near future. I wanted book two to end properly, but also leave scope for further adventures.

If the publishers say yes to a third Ondine novel, you will hear me screaming all the way from Australia.

Mimi Valentine  – (30 juli 2011 om 19:11)  

Aww, this book sounds so adorable! I have to admit that I'm a huge fan of fairy tales, so there's no doubt in my mind that I'm going to be picking this one up! :)

Awesome review, Nina!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads  – (30 juli 2011 om 21:42)  

How gorgeous is that cover! And it sounds awesome too with it's fairy tale romance. Definitely adding this to my wishlist. Great review :)

joanna  – (31 juli 2011 om 02:45)  

Part-time ferret! I had to read that bit twice, though I misread something. These books sound like fun!

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (31 juli 2011 om 04:33)  

What a sweet cute and fun book. Fab!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (31 juli 2011 om 09:22)  

The cover of this one is really pretty! I haven't heard much about the book before now, but it sounds like fun! Great review! :)

Penelope Lolohea  – (31 juli 2011 om 10:42)  

Wonderful review! I haven't heard of this book before, but I'm adding to my list to be read. It sounds great!

YA Book Queen  – (1 augustus 2011 om 11:24)  

I'll have to check out both books, because this one sounds wonderful :)

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP