Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

Title: Personal Demons
Written by: Lisa Desrochers
Release date: September, 2010
Pages: 365
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


My description:
Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance—-even her closest friends—-and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him.
What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy—-all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.
But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.

My Review:
A story about angels and demons? Count me in.

In the beginning of the story I really liked Frannie. She has a good head on her shoulders, is a very likeable character, but then she just had to ruin it. I don’t want to tell you what she did, but let me give you a hint, it has to do with the love triangle.

Luc is perfect, except that he is a demon. He is protective, cocky and just bad. I loved that the story is told trough two characters, Luc and Frannie. To read Luc’s thoughts was just more interesting than Frannies. But I think that is because the unthinkable she did.

The plot is amazing, however I did miss something in the romance department. I didn’t feel the connection Frannie had with Gabriel. So every time she felt the pull to him, I just didn’t understand it. I know he’s goody toosie, but I rather have Luc. Tres méchants, but it’s true.

I can't wait for the segual, but I do hope Franne is going to grow up a bit and starts acting responsible. But all in all Personal Demons is a great way to start a series.

Blodeuedd  – (4 juli 2011 om 02:48)  

I am glad you liked it. I did read another review and after that one I was not so sure about this book...but now I can't remember why ;)

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (4 juli 2011 om 02:56)  

I loved the premise of this one, but it didn't work out for me at all.

Frannie just annoyed the hell out of me, and the romance didn't work. :/

....Petty Witter  – (4 juli 2011 om 05:04)  

hmm, not a read for me I don't think - for a start I really don't like the cover and from what you say I don't think I'd like the character of Frannie either. Lets hope any other books in the series are better.

Maria  – (4 juli 2011 om 05:20)  

I want to read this one so bad! But all the reviews I've been reading said Frannie was an annoying character. Well I still look forward to it, great review by the way! :)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (4 juli 2011 om 05:47)  

I am so swamped with books, But I might make a break to read this. I have been wanting to do so.

Nina  – (4 juli 2011 om 06:07)  

@Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews): I liked the romance between Frannie and Luc, but the love triangle was just off. I couldn't understand why she liked Gabriel so much. That connection she had with him was lost on me! I can understand why you didn't loved the romance in this book. ;)

Small Review  – (4 juli 2011 om 06:43)  

Hm, I'm curious now to find out what Frannie did. I like the sound of Luc. I usually go for the bad boy in a triangle, too. :)

Jenny  – (4 juli 2011 om 07:10)  

I had some trouble with Frannie in this one as well, I couldn't understand her attraction to Gabe either and her waffling between the two got to be a bit much. I just finished Original Sin though and liked her much better in that:)

Nina  – (4 juli 2011 om 09:18)  

@Jenny: That's great to hear! I hope she has grown a bit! ;)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (4 juli 2011 om 11:18)  

Oh I need this one as I have the second one on my tbr and not the first. lol Even though you had trouble with her it sounds good enough that I need to get it! Thanks!

Alyssa@Teens Read and Write  – (4 juli 2011 om 12:59)  

I thought Luc was more interesting than Frannie too. I'l be interested in how you like Original Sin!
~Alyssa
Teens Read and Write

A Canadian Girl  – (4 juli 2011 om 13:26)  

I love stories involving angels and demons but I'm wary of starting this one because I've seen many positive and negative reviews. You've made me curious to see what Frannie did so maybe I'll give it a try in the future.

Jenny N.  – (4 juli 2011 om 14:25)  

I still need to read this but now I want to know what Frannie did to make you unlike her.

Missie  – (4 juli 2011 om 15:39)  

Aaaaagh! Love triangles. You see! They suck! I think if I read this one, I'd enjoy Luc's POV better too. I haven't read this yet and I'm glad I waited so I can read it back to back with the sequel.

Great review, Nina. Thanks!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads  – (5 juli 2011 om 00:06)  

I agree Frannie annoyed me with the whole love triangle thing. I am hoping she will sort herself in the next installment. Great review :)

chelleyreads  – (5 juli 2011 om 00:08)  

i have this book on my reading pile. love triangles are a hit or miss for me but now i'm dying to know what frannie did. i think i'm gonna move it up the pile.

Nina  – (6 juli 2011 om 04:29)  

@Alyssa@Teens Read and Write: I çan't wait to read the sequal. Hopefully it gets better!

@Missie: They do somethimes suck. Not always! ;) Don't you just hate it when you read the first book and you have to wait another year for the sequal. So yes, do get both of the books!! ;)

@Nic @ Irresistible Reads: Yeah, me too!

GABY  – (8 juli 2011 om 05:39)  

Thanks for the review! I wanted to rad this book so badly but after a couple of reviews I wasn't sure it was for me.

Maybe I'll read it, look sounds like a good character.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (8 juli 2011 om 08:26)  

Oh I have this one on my WANT list. It sounds like a wonderful read, and I've been hearing wonderful things on it. Thank you for the great review!

yavampirebooks  – (9 juli 2011 om 13:25)  

Nice review! I started this book a while ago, but only read 20 pages or so. Hope I can pck it up again soon!

hmsgofita  – (9 juli 2011 om 13:50)  

I haven't heard of this one. Adding it to my list! Great review.

Nina  – (9 juli 2011 om 14:37)  

@yavampirebooks: Why didn't you finish it? :)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked  – (10 juli 2011 om 13:45)  

OOI have heard fab things, I just haven't gotten to it yet. The lack of connection kinda worries me.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP