Shadowspell by Jenna Black

Title: Shadowspell
Written by: Jenna Black
Release date: January, 2011
Pages: 295
Source: Bought

My Feelings:


Description:
On top of spending most of her time in a bunkerlike safe house and having her dates hijacked by a formidable Fae bodyguard, Faeriewalker Dana Hathaway is in for some more bad news: the Erlking and his pack of murderous minions known as the Wild Hunt have descended upon Avalon. With his homicidal appetite and immortal powers, the Erlking has long been the nightmare of the Fae realm. A fragile treaty with the Faerie Queen, sealed with a mysterious spell, is the one thing that keeps him from hunting unchecked in Avalon, the only place on Earth where humans and Fae live together. Which means Dana’s in trouble, since it’s common knowledge that the Faerie Queen wants her – and her rare Faeriewalker powers – dead. The smoldering, sexy Erlking’s got his sights set on Dana, but does he only seek to kill her, or does he have something much darker in mind?

My Review:
After reading Glimmerglass I knew that this was going to be one of my favourite series ever.
I was excited to read the sequel and I hoped that it would blow me away as the first book. And it did. It definitely delivered!

Dana is still a strong character. She has her up and downs, but she knows that she’s the only one she can rely on. We get to know a new character, and my oh my is he interesting. Erkling is HOT. I have to say in my mind he was played by Richard Armitage. Obsessed much? Anyway, he was so smooth and he knew how to play Dana very well. And then there are Ethan and Keane. I was so happy we got to read more about Keane in this book. He’s sarcastic, smart and can kick ass. Oh, I almost forgot he’s also very HOT. I still think he would be perfect for Dana, but I guess she’s not thinking the same.

The plot is seriously so good it got me turning pages rapidly. The story is very unpredictable, so there are a lot of moments that surprised me. The whole book was made of awesomeness!

You should definitely check out this series, it's really great!

Blodeuedd  – (18 juli 2011 om 07:58)  

I want it! :D Ok but book 1 first since some books can't be read out of order

Jenny  – (18 juli 2011 om 07:58)  

I like the sound of Keane - hot, sarcastic, and smart? WIN! I haven't read Glimmerglass yet, so I obviously need to start there before I read this one. Looking forward to starting this series, thanks for the review Nina!

Lily Child  – (18 juli 2011 om 08:25)  

I really need to read this series! Great review! Love your new look btw! :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (18 juli 2011 om 11:27)  

I really enjoyed the first book... and I need this one!! Oh I'm so glad we get more of the "boys" and that she is still a strong character. Oh I needs this!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (18 juli 2011 om 11:47)  

I haven't checked out this series, as I'm not a huge big fan of the fae, but this one sounds good. Might just have to check it out! :)

A Canadian Girl  – (18 juli 2011 om 13:49)  

I've read Glimmerglass but haven't gotten around to reading this one. I liked Glimmerglass but didn't love it so I'm hoping I'll like this one more. I'm glad it lived up to your expectations.

Like you, I think Keane would be better for Dana. It's too bad the MCs hardly ever go for the guy I want.

Missie  – (18 juli 2011 om 14:04)  

OMG! Cutest banner ever!

What's wrong with being obsessed with Richard Armitage, or with hot boys for that matter? I definitely need to meet these guys.

Fun review. Thanks Nina.

BooksforCompany  – (18 juli 2011 om 14:14)  

I keep meaning to give this series a try. The cover is beautiful =)

Sarah  – (18 juli 2011 om 19:15)  

I haven't read Glimmerglass yet, but after seeing this review, I think I'll go put it on hold at the library. Thanks for the review. (Also, your new blog design is adorable! I love the colors.)

Nina  – (19 juli 2011 om 00:22)  

@Blodeuedd: You should get it! Really one of my favourite series. :)

@Missie: Thank you. Yes, you def. need to meet them and find out why they are swoonworthy. ;)

....Petty Witter  – (19 juli 2011 om 08:19)  

Glad that you enjoyed this as much as Glimmerglass. I'm loving the new look to your blog.

Jenny N.  – (19 juli 2011 om 08:23)  

I wasn't the biggest fan of Glimmerglass but I've been seeing some good reviews on Shadowspell so I'm willing to give the series another try.

Blueicegal ♥  – (19 juli 2011 om 09:01)  

Nina I love the layout, it's wonderful! I haven't heard the greatest things on this actually but maybe I'll give it a go. Good to know you enjoyed it missy :)

Nina  – (20 juli 2011 om 03:05)  

@....Petty Witter: Thank you!

@Blueicegal ♥ : Thank you!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP