3 SR: Badlands, The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gate & Blameless

Badlands by Seleste DeLaney
Release date: February, 2011
Pages: 104
Source: Carina Press

My Feelings:



Description:
After a brutal Civil War, America is a land divided. As commander of her nation's border guards, Ever is a warrior sworn to protect her country and her queen. When an airship attacks and kills the monarch, Ever must infiltrate enemy territory to bring home the heir to the throne, and the dirigible Dark Hawk is her fastest way to the Union. Captain Spencer Pierce just wants to pay off the debt he owes on the Dark Hawk and make a life for himself trading across the border. When the queen's assassination puts the shipping routes at risk, he finds himself Ever's reluctant ally. As they fly into danger, Ever and Spencer must battle not only the enemy but also their growing attraction. She refuses to place her heart before duty, and he has always put the needs of his ship and crew above his own desires. Once the princess is rescued, perhaps they can find love in the Badlands—if death doesn't find them first.

My Review:
Badlands was a fun, adventurous and romantic read. Ever was a strong character. So strong, that she didn’t want or needed a men in her life to make her feel complete. A badass warrior that reminded me a lot of Xena. The romance was just perfect. The author build it up so nicely that you just couldn’t wait until they realised they where perfect for each other. I recommend this book to everyone who loves steampunk and romance. And don’t you think the cover is just absolutely gorgeous.

The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gate by Christine Bell
Release date: April, 2011
Pages: 89
Source: Carina Press

My Feelings:



Description:
I'm a time pirate—born in 1810, now a 21st-century woman. I travel through time trying to right wrongs without disrupting the fragile balance between what is and what can never be. That's why it's vital that I go to 1836 and find the man who conned my brother out of his Time Travel Mechanism as quickly as possible. If the technology falls into the wrong hands, it could change the world as we know it. The notorious Duke of Leister definitely qualifies as the wrong hands. An amateur scientist of the slightly mad variety, he's bound to figure out how to use the TTM sooner rather than later. I knew this wouldn't be easy. But I wasn't counting on him being as sexy as hell. Or winding up chained to his bed.

My Review:
The twisted Tale of Stormy Gate was a quick read that was a bit odd. I know that with 89 pages you can’t expect a deep love connection explained that well, but it was just too odd for me to like it. It didn’t feel like love, but more as an obsession. It also lacked a lot of action. The story wasn’t as fantastic as the cover truly is. So sad.

Blameless by Gail Garriger
Release date: September, 2010
Pages: 355
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
Quitting her husband's house and moving back in with her horrible family, Lady Maccon becomes the scandal of the London season.Queen Victoria dismisses her from the Shadow Council, and the only person who can explain anything, Lord Akeldama, unexpectedly leaves town. To top it all off, Alexia is attacked by homicidal mechanical ladybugs, indicating, as only ladybugs can, the fact that all of London's vampires are now very much interested in seeing Alexia quite thoroughly dead.While Lord Maccon elects to get progressively more inebriated and Professor Lyall desperately tries to hold the Woolsey werewolf pack together, Alexia flees England for Italy in search of the mysterious Templars. Only they know enough about the preternatural to explain her increasingly inconvenient condition, but they may be worse than the vampires -- and they're armed with pesto

My Review:
I’ve waited a long time to get this book. Seriously Changeless ended with such a crazy cliff-hanger I was about to go crazy if I had to wait a minute longer. Alexia is back again with her witty remarks and crazy bunch of friends who will defend her no matter what. I really enjoyed reading about their trip to France and Italy and the danger she was headed into. I did miss Lord Akeldama. He’s on of my favourite characters and even though he came back in the end it didn’t make up for his absence in the beginning. For those who haven’t started this series yet, GO, READ THEM!

Blodeuedd  – (4 augustus 2011 om 01:25)  

Oh no, Twisty Gale is that bad? I mean to read it now when I got an e-reader borrowed, oh well, will see what I think

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (4 augustus 2011 om 07:21)  

Perhaps I should check out Blameless, I was kind of disappointed in Changeless but I LOVED Soulless.

One of the other bloggers I followed loved The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gate. I'm so happy that we can say our honest opinion and that i varies so much from person to person :)

Lisa  – (4 augustus 2011 om 07:26)  

Loving that you compared her to Xena. Plus her face tattoo is really awesome. She sounds super kick-butt and fierce.

Jenny N.  – (4 augustus 2011 om 10:16)  

I'm one who has not read Soulless yet. I really like the sound of the series so I know I will pick it up one day.

Jenny  – (4 augustus 2011 om 11:45)  

I've read book one in the Parasol Protectorate series but I really need to read the rest of them! Glad I waited a little bit though since there are cliffhangers, now I can just have the next book on hand waiting for me:)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (4 augustus 2011 om 11:46)  

Oh Badlands sounds good and too bad that Twisted isn't as good as I thought it might be. :( Btw, is that the same girl on those Carina books?

Oh and yes... I will start the Parasol books... hopefully soon! :)

Nina  – (4 augustus 2011 om 11:59)  

@Blodeuedd: Yeah, it is. Sorry. ;)

@Mari: Def check out Blameless. It's way better than the second book, cause I know what you mean!:)

@Lisa: A kick ass warrior! ;) I really loved that series. Should watch some old episodes from it on Youtube. Yay for youtube. ;)

@Jenny.N: If you decide to read Soulles, you should really buy sequal too. CLIFFHANGER!!

@Jenny: Cliffhangers, you either love or hate them. Glad you have the other books too so you dont have to wait to read further.

@Melissa: No idea, but they do look like the same girl. lol.

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (4 augustus 2011 om 12:55)  

Great :) I just added it now, I trust your judgement, Nina.

Alyssa@Teens Read and Write  – (4 augustus 2011 om 13:26)  

Badlands is new to me sounds like something I'd enjoy. Thanks!

Missie  – (4 augustus 2011 om 19:56)  

I really need to read those Carriger novels. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Thanks for commanding me to do it!

Great minis, Nina. :)

A Canadian Girl  – (4 augustus 2011 om 22:29)  

I want more steampunk in YA! I've heard of Carriger's series and though I don't normally read adult books, I might take a look at it. The same applies to Badlanda since it sounds interesting.

Nina  – (5 augustus 2011 om 10:19)  

@Mari: Thank you! :)

@Alyssa: If you really like steampunk novels you def will enjoy it. :)

@Missie: You are very welcome. I really liked the first three books and hopefully the fourth will be the best. But we'll see.

@A Canadian Girl: I want more steampunk in YA books too. That would be so fun! ;)

Hafsah @ IceyBooks  – (5 augustus 2011 om 11:21)  

Ooo I love the cover for Blameless, it seems so full of depth. Your review seems to suggest the same thing - I'm definitely going to look for this one, thanks!

YA Book Queen  – (6 augustus 2011 om 16:14)  

Fabulous reviews! I'm definitely going to check out Badlands - Ever sounds like a great character, :D

Lauren  – (7 augustus 2011 om 14:30)  

I've never heard of Badlands before but it sounds really, really good. I guess I'll have to give it a try sometime soon! :)

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (8 augustus 2011 om 17:23)  

Oh, these are books I have on my want list, but haven't got them yet. Sounds like some fun reads. :) Thank you!

Anna  – (9 augustus 2011 om 15:16)  

Badlands sounds awesome! I loved Xena, haha, strong heroines are the best. And I'm glad to hear that Blameless is good too, I so need to catch up on that series.

hmsgofita  – (10 augustus 2011 om 20:59)  

Badlands looks great. Love the cover. Love the Soulless novels!!! I just got Heartless in the mail and can't wait to get started!

Nina  – (12 augustus 2011 om 04:55)  

@hmsgofita: I really need to get Heartless too. ;) Looking forward to your review of it.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP