Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

I'm not crazy about either of these covers. The Dutch cover looks just like a picture someone has taken from far away (talk about stalking). We can't see the faces and to me it just looks to cold to be on the beach dressed in those clothes. I would never buy this book with that cover, it just looks boring. The US cover looks much better. I like the *broken glass* and that it forms a heart. The title is way better than the Dutch one where it says 'Our Summer'. So yeah, US this time.

Here you can find the description of the book!

Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (3 augustus 2011 om 05:43)  

US for me too, although neither of the covers really grab me. The Dutch cover is a little lazy...

Christina / Book Addict  – (3 augustus 2011 om 06:53)  

I like the Dutch cover at first glance b/c I am a beach fanatic, but after you look at the details you see it's definitely missing something. The US one is more powerful and eye catching.

Blodeuedd  – (3 augustus 2011 om 07:23)  

The do not look happy on the first one, and the US one is just boring. So neither

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (3 augustus 2011 om 07:29)  

I can't decide. I like them both in different ways.

Lisa  – (3 augustus 2011 om 07:51)  

I agree that neither one is fantastic, but I think the US cover gives a little more than the Dutch one that looks like any other novel.

Jenny N.  – (3 augustus 2011 om 08:51)  

I've always love the US one. The sea glass is just so pretty.

Missie  – (3 augustus 2011 om 11:13)  

Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of either myself, but if I had to pick I'd go with the U.S on this one.

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (3 augustus 2011 om 11:42)  

I have to admit that I love the US cover for this one. The Dutch cover is nice but I would have thought it to be a nice summer romance or something inside the cover :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (3 augustus 2011 om 12:45)  

Stalker! lol

Hm... I think I'd have to go with the US cover.

Jillian  – (3 augustus 2011 om 19:42)  

I like the US cover more. I feel like the other one looks a bit more plain and just like any other summer book I've read.

BooksforCompany  – (4 augustus 2011 om 10:29)  

I like them both but I feel the Dutch cover makes it look a bit more like an book for adults than YA

YA Book Queen  – (6 augustus 2011 om 16:12)  

I love the US one - the sea glass heart is just perfect for the story. :)

Lauren  – (7 augustus 2011 om 14:32)  

I'm not a big fan of the Dutch cover either. It does look boring. The US cover, however, is eye-catching for the most part. I love the broken glass, and from reading the book, I can say it definitely fits in with the story.

Anna  – (9 augustus 2011 om 15:20)  

The Dutch cover looks like a lot of covers on fiction books nowadays with the mellow colors and all. It doesn't do anything for me. I like the US cover, the blue and pink colors pop out to me and it looks more YA-ish. Plus the title is much more interesting, haha.

notinthepink.com  – (10 augustus 2011 om 08:50)  

Maybe it's because I'm used to the US cover but I do prefer that one. There's nothing really unique about the Dutch cover that sets it apart.

~*~*~

Ceri

Een reactie posten

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP