Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States

I wished that we could see the faces on these covers, that would make them a bit better. I like that on the Dutch cover the girl is on the bicycle, but that's basically it. I don't like the font they used for the title. It's just too messy for me to really like it. The girl and the boy on the US cover look so fun. It doesn't look like a YA book to me, but I like the water (maybe the beach) on the background. I would pick the US book this time.

Here you can find the description of the book!



Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Christina / Book Addict  – (10 augustus 2011 om 06:36)  

I like both covers, especially the US one b/c you can see the water. I like the Dutch cover though (minus the font) b/c it feels very summery. Thanks for sharing these covers.

Blodeuedd  – (10 augustus 2011 om 07:33)  

The Dutch one is just too messy with that font so the US ones but yes heads!!

Jenny  – (10 augustus 2011 om 08:15)  

I agree on the type for the Dutch cover, it's a bit messy and kind of distracting. I would go US cover on this one too, though I wouldn't mind seeing there faces either!

Lisa  – (10 augustus 2011 om 08:40)  

They are both super cute. I agree that I'm not a fan of the writing on the Dutch Cover but the cover itself intrigues me. I also like that we get to see a bit of the boy in the US cover leading us to believe in a love interest. It's a tie for me!

Jenny N.  – (10 augustus 2011 om 10:00)  

I really like the US covers for the Sarah Dessen books. Even though they are all different stories all the covers match each other when you have them beside each other.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (10 augustus 2011 om 11:49)  

I'll go for the Dutch cover only because the colors attract the eye. Even though the font isn't great (I agree!). Too much red in the second. It would have been better for them to go for more contrast.

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (10 augustus 2011 om 12:11)  

I'm in love with the Dutch cover but it kind of gives me wedding vibes. I'm not sure if that's right?

groovy_girl  – (10 augustus 2011 om 14:25)  

Maybe the US cover... For the same reasons as you (boy and girl facing each other, Dutch cover a bit messy) and WOW I had never realized we could see the water on that cover, thanks for making me see it xD

hmsgofita  – (10 augustus 2011 om 20:54)  

I like them both in different ways. I like the US cover cuz it makes it look like a fun summer read with some romance thrown in. The Dutch cover, though, gives it a little mystery and whimsy. I'm stumped; they're both good!

Trish (Just a YA Girl)  – (11 augustus 2011 om 09:17)  

The Dutch is super cute. I want that dress! LOL

♥ Trish

....Petty Witter  – (12 augustus 2011 om 05:04)  

Oh dear, I don't really like either of these covers, neither of them 'speaks' to me.

YA Book Queen  – (12 augustus 2011 om 13:25)  

Love the beach in the background of US, but I really like the photo for the Dutch cover (minus font). Although I really dislike how the heads are all cut off - I'm so tired of those types of covers,

I think I'll go with the Dutch!

BooksforCompany  – (13 augustus 2011 om 05:48)  

Oh I really like the Dutch cover and the font!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP