Dutch Cover Alert

This idea/meme came from Jenny at Wondrous Reads.


The Netherlands – The United States



I absolutely love the UK cover of this book, it’s beautiful, but in these Dutch Cover Alert posts I only post the Dutch and US covers. So if I had to choose between these two, I will go for the US one. I just hate those butterflies on the Dutch cover. Why are there butterflies on that cover? I don’t get it and I actually have read the book. Weird. I also don’t like that it’s grey. Yeah, US.



You can find the Dutch cover of the first book in this series here.



Would you pick the Dutch or US cover?

Cindy (Oodles of Books)  – (31 augustus 2011 om 09:44)  

I like the US cover better as well, but I prefer the font on the Dutch cover. The one on the US is so big and I don't think it's an attractive choice...

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog  – (31 augustus 2011 om 10:27)  

i like the dutch cover better. i've seen i think the uk or aussie cover and it's really pretty. i just don't like the huge letters on the us cover, it doesn't make me want to read it at all.

Missie  – (31 augustus 2011 om 10:34)  

Yes! I love the UK cover. And I think I'm with you on the U.S. cover if I had to choose.

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (31 augustus 2011 om 10:37)  

I'm voting for the Dutch cover. The US cover of this one doesn't really work for me. I love the Australian and UK covers for the book, though! :)

Lisa  – (31 augustus 2011 om 11:10)  

I'm not a fan of the butterflies but otherwise I would pick the Dutch cover. I love that we can only see part of the girl.

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (31 augustus 2011 om 11:52)  

I actually love the butterflies on the Dutch cover. Lose the face and just have the shadow and it would be perfect :)

Blodeuedd  – (31 augustus 2011 om 12:32)  

Both are truly boring. The us cover would not even get a first glance from me. But the Dutch one is kind of cute so that one

Jenny N.  – (31 augustus 2011 om 12:51)  

I like both of them since they're both sort of similar yet different.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (31 augustus 2011 om 14:25)  

Dutch. I like the butterflies and it draws my eye. :)

Christina / Book Addict  – (31 augustus 2011 om 17:33)  

I really like the Dutch cover. I like the shadow against the wall and the butterflies. The US cover is strange- I don't like the font. Thanks for sharing the covers! I have been meaning to read this one!

....Petty Witter  – (1 september 2011 om 07:57)  

My vote goes to the Dutch cover - I even prefer this to the uk version.

Sarah  – (1 september 2011 om 09:00)  

I'm going with the U.S. cover, too. I don't why those butterflies are on the Dutch cover, either. (Then again, I haven't read the book . . .) The U.S. cover looks more dramatic.

vvb32 reads  – (2 september 2011 om 14:07)  

i like the US. the title with its scratch marks makes me curious.

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (3 september 2011 om 07:56)  

I'm not loving either one, but if I had to pick I'd choose the Dutch cover :)

Teddyree  – (6 september 2011 om 20:50)  

Definitely the Dutch cover for me lol

hmsgofita  – (16 september 2011 om 21:12)  

I like the overall feel of the Dutch version. It's a little more on the mysterious forgottenish side, but the butterflies are a bit weird. I like the font on the US cover. And the UK cover is gorgeous!!! I pick that one too!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP