Interview with...

Pick three books in three different genres that you recommend.
Only three books? Wow, that’s going to be hard, but I will do my best. Because I read Adult books too, I’m going to give my recommendations in two posts. This first post will be my recommendations for young adult books. My second post will be my recommendations for adult books. Post 2 will be up next week.

Carrie Pilby | Goodreads
Written by: Caren Lissner
Genre : Contemporary Teen Fiction

If you know me, you know that I don’t love to read about people with lots of issues. I seriously don’t, but this book is my absolute favorite of 2010. Carrie Pilby is absolutely brilliant. Carrie reminded me a bit of me, and that doesn’t happen very often in books. There’s also a lot of humor in the book, which makes it a very light read. You will keep turning the pages so fast just to find out if Carrie actually is going to change for the better. Carrie Pilby is super-entertaining.






Angel’s Fury | Goodreads
Written by: Bryony Pearce
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy

Angel’s Fury is one of my favourite reads for 2011. It got everything I love in this genre, suspense, plenty of action, likeable characters and a bit of romance. Angel’s Fury has that and one thing more that tops every book that I read so far in this genre, historical events. The characters have historical flashbacks, which where awesome to read. You got transported back to times as 1942 and earlier days. I highly recommend Angel’s Fury, it’s incredible.





Wildthorn | Goodreads
Written by: Jane Eagland
Genre: Historical Fiction

Wildthorn will make you want to know more about woman in the Victorian era. You could really tell that Jane Eagland has done a lot of research. While reading it, the words will transport you to England right next to Louisa. You can smell what she smells, feel what she feels and love who she loves. The mystery of who has put Louisa in Wildthorn is suspenseful. I was blaming a lot of people who could have done it, but I suck at mysteries and was surprised to find out who it actually was. Wildthorn is a book you should get.

Have you read any of these books? Do you have some recommendations for me?

Blueicegal ♥  – (20 augustus 2011 om 06:05)  

Yup read Wildthorn. I thought it was ok I suppose. Not read the others!

Nina  – (20 augustus 2011 om 06:26)  

@Blueicegal: Sounds like you didn't enjoy it as much as i did. ;) Def check out the others! :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (20 augustus 2011 om 12:08)  

I think I've only read Wildthorn. I've been wanting to read Angel's Fury! I love time travel even if it is only if flashbacks! :)

Nina  – (20 augustus 2011 om 12:39)  

@Melissa: Then you should really try Angel's Fury. It's such a great book. You will love it. ;)

Blodeuedd  – (20 augustus 2011 om 14:25)  

Have not read them, but that sure one sure sounds good :)

A Canadian Girl  – (20 augustus 2011 om 14:49)  

I haven't read any of your recommendations but I did put Angel's Fury on my wishlist after you reviewed it. I'm looking forward to reading it when I get the time to get around to it.

Jenny N.  – (20 augustus 2011 om 16:54)  

I've read Wildthorn and I remember it being very suspenseful and not knowing why she was sent away. Great pick!

Aths  – (21 augustus 2011 om 09:19)  

Nice recommendations! I've heard a bit about Wildthorn and I'm curious to check it out! Have to say - the cover of Carrie Pilby is fab!

....Petty Witter  – (21 augustus 2011 om 10:07)  

A great selection, I really like the look of Wildthorn.

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (22 augustus 2011 om 08:58)  

Since I've read both Carrie Pilby and Wildthorn and loved them I feel like I'm guaranteed to love Angel's Fury. Thanks for the suggestions, Nina!

Nina  – (23 augustus 2011 om 04:54)  

@Aths: Loving that cover too. It's indeed fab! Carrie Pilby is one of my favourites and I hope you will love it too if you decide to read it. :)

@Mari: Yay! I hope you will love it. :)

Missie  – (23 augustus 2011 om 22:43)  

Wow! One of your favs of the year. I've been looking for a good Angel story. Thanks for the recs.

Nina  – (24 augustus 2011 om 07:14)  

@Missie: Your welcome. Def. add Angel's Fury to your wishlist. It's awesome! ;)

Mrs. Q: Book Addict  – (27 augustus 2011 om 05:49)  

I loved Wildthorn! I thought it was a very original YA book. Great recommendation.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP