Interview with...

Part 2 of recommendations
My three recommendations of Adult books in three different genres.
You can read my first post for recommendations of YA books here.

Playing with the Grown-ups | Goodreads
Written by: Sophie Dahl
Genre : Contemporary Fiction

I absolutely adored Playing with the Grown-ups. Sophie Dahls writing is beautiful and it felt like I was reading a fairy tale. A strong, courageous young character and a mother who couldn’t get her act straight. It’s all about growing up and to finally realize that mom isn’t picture perfect. Definitely worth the read.








All My Friends Are Superheroes | Goodreads
Written by: Andrew Kauffman
Genre : Supernatural/Urban Fantasy

You should definitely put All My Friends Are Superheroes on your to buy list, because it’s AWESOME. It’s one of my favorite books and I will reread this book every year. It’s super funny, light hearted and so, so sweet. I can’t tell you a lot about this story, because I’m sure if I do I will spoil it for you. It’s a very short read and perfect for the beach or when you travel a lot. The end will blow you away, it’s spectacular.






Like Water for Chocolate | Goodreads
Written by: Laura Esquivel
Genre : Historical Fiction, Romance

Like Water for Chocolate is one of the best historical romance novels that I have read. And because I loved it so much, Laura Esquivel has become one of my favorite writers. Tita, the main character, puts all the emotions she has in her food and the people who eat it feel it too. It’s magical. The romance is beautiful, but heart breaking. The end of this book will take your breath away. I promise you will adore Like Water for Chocolate if you love a good romance.

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake | Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn | Yes, I’m cheating here, but who really cares and I just have to mention these awesome two books.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (27 augustus 2011 om 08:37)  

Love the Playing with Grownups cover. I'm off to learn more about it.

And I'm with you, I adore Like Water for Chocolate. Have you seen the film?

Aths  – (27 augustus 2011 om 09:31)  

I've heard so much about Like Water for Chocolate! I need to read it sometime. Also, I've been hearing a lot about All my Friends are Superheroes.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (27 augustus 2011 om 11:14)  

Oh I haven't heard of Playing with Grown-ups. I'll have to check out this one!

Mari - Escape In A Book  – (27 augustus 2011 om 11:16)  

I loved reading your recommendations, Nina :) This time I haven't read any of the books on your list.

Jessica (BookLover)  – (27 augustus 2011 om 11:24)  

Thanks for the recommendations! Water for Chocolate sounds a lot like the movie, Simply Irresistible.

Marce  – (27 augustus 2011 om 13:58)  

I have seen the movie Water for Chocolate, enjoyed it. I have never heard of All my Friends are Superheroes, cover is hilarious.

Jenny N.  – (27 augustus 2011 om 14:40)  

I read Like Water for Chocolate for an english class and really liked it.

Nina  – (28 augustus 2011 om 11:27)  

@Juju: I still haven't watched the movie. I am planning to buy the dvd, but it's very hard to find it here in Holland. Maybe I will try Amazon.com for the first time. ;)

@Aths: All my Friends are Superheroes is fantastic. It's such a good book!

@Melissa: Yes, please do. It's so good. I really want to read her other book too, but I just can't seem to find it in the Dutch bookstores. :) Probably will order it sometime soon.

@Mari: Thanx. I hope you have seen something that you like and try it. All these books are top notch. ;)

@Jessica: I haven't watched the movie, but I really want too. Glad to know that it's a great movie.

@Marce: Totally agree about the cover. Such fun! I think it's one of the many reasons why I picked it up in London.

@Jenny. N: Yay! Glad you liked it. I loved it. ;)

A Canadian Girl  – (28 augustus 2011 om 14:00)  

I don't think I've heard of any of these but I'll put them on my wishlist to check out when I get the time. Like Water For Chocolate sounds like it might make me hungry though.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (28 augustus 2011 om 17:48)  

Lovely sounding books. :) Thanks for sharing these.

Cindy (Oodles of Books)  – (30 augustus 2011 om 22:16)  

I loved Like Water for Chocolate :) I haven't read the other two though, so I want to check them out.

I love this feature btw. Have you considered making it into a meme? I almost want to join in and answer the questions on my blog. Love it :)

Nina  – (2 september 2011 om 01:07)  

@Cindy: You can join! :) I haven't thought of that, thank you!

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP