Monthly Recap (August 2011)

Books Read this month:
A blue so dark by Holly Schindler/ 4 hearts
Badlands by Seleste DeLaney/ 4 hearts
Blameless by Gail Garriger/ 4 hearts
Clean by Amy Reed/ 4 hearts
Solid by Shelley Workinger/ 4 hearts
Swapped by a Kiss by Luisa Playa/ 4 hearts
Winterborne by Augusta Blythe/ 3 hearts
Fury by Elizabeth Miles/ 2 hearts
The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gate by Christine Bell/ 2 hearts

My thoughts for this month:
This month I haven’t read a book that wowed me. And there isn’t really a book that was my favorite. If I had to choose a book that I was most looking forward to it would be Blameless. The previous book in this series ended with a massive cliffhanger and naturally I had to find out what would happen next. I also really liked Clean. Fury disappointed me. It has a amazing cover, but it did not deliver. So sad.

My thoughts for next month:
School starts again and I have a part-time job. So? So that means I have even less free time to read. I read during the train rides (and lunch breaks) and therefore hope that I can read and finish these books: Strange Angels, Betrayals by Lili St.Crow, Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston and Warped by Maurissa Guibord. Also I have three review books that I need to read.

Blodeuedd  – (30 augustus 2011 om 07:20)  

I hope you find the time to read here and there :)

Missie  – (30 augustus 2011 om 08:21)  

Nina, I know that feeling, about not really feeling like you read anything that WOW'd you. I looking for something with that wow factor now. I hope I find it.

Hope you have a great semester. Don't work too hard. ;)

fredamans  – (30 augustus 2011 om 08:38)  

You had a decent month! I wish I saw a higher rating on Fury, I had high hopes for that one.
Best of luck back to school!
Happy September reading!

Jenny N.  – (30 augustus 2011 om 09:11)  

One more week and then school starts for me too.

Nina  – (30 augustus 2011 om 09:25)  

@Missie: :) I really need a wow book! Recommendations are welcome. :)

@Fredamans: Thank you. You too have a fabulous September.

@Jenny N: So sad! I wished summer vacation could start over again. :)

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (30 augustus 2011 om 11:03)  

Oh I hope you find that WOW book next month. Especially with all the work you have ahead of you. That way the trip on the train and lunch will be more fun for you.

Maria  – (30 augustus 2011 om 11:42)  

Nice reads this month!I really want to read A Blue So Dark and Fury. It's already time for school, this summer sure passed by fast. Hope you have a good reading month this september despite that! :)

Mimi Valentine  – (30 augustus 2011 om 12:28)  

I really hope you find a WOW book soon! I'm always looking for them too, but sometimes there are just books that are awesome... but not breathtaking, I-wanna-read-it-again awesome, y'know?

Aww, school's starting for me too. Less time to read and less time to blog? So sad. :( But hopefully we'll find the time! :)

Have an awesome September, Nina!

Sarah  – (30 augustus 2011 om 15:27)  

The cover for Fury is really fabulous . . . I'm always a little said when I see it now because I haven't heard one good thing about the book.

And school starting and the part time job? I'm right there with you. I hope you have the time to find a WOW book soon :)

Aths  – (30 augustus 2011 om 19:57)  

You had a good reading month - I wish I had one wow read at least per month, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Happy back-to-school! Hope you will be able to juggle school, work and reading well!

Melissa (i swim for oceans)  – (30 augustus 2011 om 20:06)  

I totally agree on Fury. You know, we all go through highs and lows - I had a streak of amazing books, then it was horribly ruined by EVE.

Nic @ Irresistible Reads  – (31 augustus 2011 om 05:34)  

It is always a little disappointing when you have no WOW books. Looks like you are reading some good ones this month though :)

....Petty Witter  – (31 augustus 2011 om 07:07)  

Thanks for that recap, its a great way for me to catch up on the posts I've missed.

Nina  – (31 augustus 2011 om 09:33)  

@Melissa: Me too! :)

@Maria: So fast! And it didn't feel like summer, because it was raining all the time. :(

@Mime: I need a breathtaking book! I hope I will read one of those breathtaking books this month.

@Sarah: I hope that you will get a great September too.

@Aths: Thank you. I hope that everything goes well at school too, then I can read lots of other books that are not text ones. ;)

@Melissa: Def. going to check your review out for EVE. I thought that book would be awesome. Too bad it's not. Yeah, Fury was bad!

@Nic:I hope this month I will read a wow book. I'll let you know.

@Petty Witter: You are very welcome. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP