Saying goodbye to summer 2011


This summer I learned:

  • Start making ‘to do’ lists again. Without them I forget what to do and buy the things I need to buy before school starts.
  • Start early with baking or else it will end up as a disaster. You’re not Nigella Lawson!
  • Glaring at veggies, won’t make them disappear. Damn.
  • How to tie a bow tie. Not, because I love Avril Lavignes style back in the days. But I have to wear one for work. Very modern right.

This summer I loved:

  • My visit to Maastricht. It’s such a beautiful city and I loved the shops. They have the most awesome bookstore, the building used to be a church.
  • Watching Master chef Australia. The first season is absolutely fantastic, the contestants are so, so good. But are they truly amateurs? Or are they secretly chefs and just want to show off their incredible skills. Can you tell that I’m jealous.
  • Buying the handmade soaps for my mom in Maastricht. She loves them. Yay!
  • Waking up at eleven and watch Spongebob Squarepants. He’s so funny.
  • The book my mom bought for me. A beautiful Dutch book about Sophie van Weimar, daughter of king Willem II. Sophie van Weimar by Thera Coppens.
  • Going to the subtropical swimming pool with my best friend.
  • The Musical Zorro. Loved it.

    You guys, have you seen the commercial of Levi’s? It’s amazing. It makes me feel so happy! Watch it!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com  – (25 augustus 2011 om 05:45)  

LOL
I Love Nigella.
That is a powerful commercial.
I like the line about not being able to beat death.

Lisa  – (25 augustus 2011 om 08:31)  

Awesome commercial. It makes me feel so inspired!

Jessica (BookLover)  – (25 augustus 2011 om 08:33)  

Sounds like you had a great summer!

Missie  – (25 augustus 2011 om 09:00)  

Yes! Go Forth! Watched it. Loved it. :)

And LOL, "Glaring at veggies, won’t make them disappear." If only.

Glad you had an incredible summer.

Nina  – (25 augustus 2011 om 09:44)  

@Juju and Lisa: Loving that commercial. It's is indeed very powerful and inspiring. :)


@Missie: I really tried, but they didn't dissapear. So sad! :( lol.

Mimi Valentine  – (25 augustus 2011 om 11:08)  

Aww, so sad that summer is almost over! Almost time to start school in September -- yuck. x) But this summer was really busy & fun, I think!

I've always wanted to learn how to tie a bow tie. It's actually a lot more difficult that it looks! I've tried (and failed). I think Avril Lavigne is pretty awesome, but I don't think I could pull of her style -- I'm more girly than punk!

Awesome summer list, Nina! It just makes nearing the end of it that much less dreadful. :)

Blodeuedd  – (25 augustus 2011 om 11:14)  

I could not live without lists, I am so forgetful

Nina  – (25 augustus 2011 om 11:21)  

@Mimi: I hate that Summer ended! School starts tommorow. Well we have to go and get information, it officially starts next week. Boohoo! But the good thing is that before school starts at three I'm going with my bf ínto the city (Amsterdam). Yay! ;)

@Blodeuedd: Apparantly me too!

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (25 augustus 2011 om 12:22)  

Mmmmm veggies (except for onions and raw tomatoes). Did you know I used to favor a fresh carrot from the garden more than I did candy? Yes, I be weird. :)

Great commercial!

Nina  – (25 augustus 2011 om 12:26)  

@Melissa: No, you didn't! OMG! lol. :)

Jenny N.  – (25 augustus 2011 om 18:17)  

Can't believe school is almost over and its back to school for me.

A Canadian Girl  – (25 augustus 2011 om 22:27)  

Lol, I don't like veggies either. They must either be with meat (e.g. like in a taco) or my mom makes a separate dish containing meat for me. As you can see, I don't eat very healthy.

Nina  – (26 augustus 2011 om 00:37)  

@Jenny N: I can't believe it either, it's horrible. ;)

@A Canadian Girl: lol. I don't eat very healthy either. I should, but I don't. :)

Jillian  – (26 augustus 2011 om 06:41)  

aw sounds like you had a fabulous summer! Can't believe it's over though :(

mummazappa  – (26 augustus 2011 om 07:34)  

I LOVE that ad, it's so inspiring!

Milli  – (26 augustus 2011 om 07:38)  

What a fantastic ad (:
Thanks for sharing it.
And, it looks like you've had a fantastic summer. -sigh- You know, I've always hoped that veggies would someday parish under my glare.

-milli
www.doodlereads.blogspot.com

Nina  – (26 augustus 2011 om 09:07)  

@Milli: Me too! :)

@Carrie: I hope so too. A very happy autumn, that would be great.

Alyssa@Teens Read and Write  – (26 augustus 2011 om 10:52)  

Nigella is fantastic! I need lists too. Good to know about veggies. I wish I could see the Zorro musical! Great ad! All good stuff - thanks for sharing and hope your Fall is awesome!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages)  – (28 augustus 2011 om 17:49)  

I have to remind myself to do the To Do Lists. I even do it with things I want to talk about with my husband (we are different shifts) but I always forget everything anymore. :) Great list. Sounds like you had an amazing summer. :)

Nina  – (30 augustus 2011 om 10:16)  

@Alyssa: Zorro was awesome. ;) And indeed Nigella is awesome too. I love her recipes, they are so easy. ;)

@Melissa: lol. ;)

Christie - The Fiction Enthusiast  – (3 september 2011 om 07:58)  

I can't believe summer is coming to an end :( It will be 2012 before we know it.

Nina  – (3 september 2011 om 15:11)  

@ Christie: I know! Sad, I want to cry. :)

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP