Swapped by a Kiss by Luisa Playa

Title: Swapped by a Kiss
Written by: Luisa Playa
Release date: April, 2010
Pages: 344
Source: Luisa Playa

My Feelings:



Description:
When Rachel's on/off boyfriend David goes to a music festival in England, she jumps on a plane to surprise him - but she gets a shock of her own. Not only does she find David kissing someone else, but it's their friend Jo! Super-lovely, super-loved, all-round-perfect Jo.

Rachel runs away, wishing she could leave her life behind - and she suddenly finds herself in Jo's body! Can she keep this swap a secret? Can she unravel what's really going on? Can she get to grips with Jo's out-of-control curly hair?

And if she discovers that being in someone else's shoes isn't all it's cracked up to be, can she ever be herself again?

My Review:
Swapped by a Kiss is the companion novel (or the sequel) from Split by a Kiss. I enjoyed the first book and therefore knew that this one was going to be fun to read. And I was so right.

Rachel is a young girl that’s always angry, a bit arrogant and bad-tempered. And with all these not so wonderful character qualities, underneath it all she’s caring. At first I had a hard time liking her, but I knew from the first book that it was all a front. A front to not let the people she love too close.

The plot is as fun as always. It’s just like the first book, but the scene just changed completely. I liked that the story took place in London. It gave an other vibe to it then the first book. I have to say that halfway in the story it dragged a bit, but because I wanted to know what the deal was with David I read further. So people read further, because the pace changes in the middle!

You don’t need to read Split by a Kiss before you read this one, but I do recommend the first book. In the first book you get to know the characters better and when you read Swapped by a Kiss you will be less annoyed by Rachel’s actions.

I recommend Swapped by a Kiss for fans of the movie Freaky Friday. And if you dream about swapping lives with someone you should read these books. They are cute, fun and adorable.

Blodeuedd  – (13 augustus 2011 om 03:55)  

Sounds really cute and fun :D And I do like the swap idea

Sullivan McPig  – (13 augustus 2011 om 09:01)  

I love the cover. I might try to find the first book and give it a try.

Jessica (BookLover)  – (13 augustus 2011 om 10:49)  

I've never heard of these books before but they do sound like fun reads! :) Great review!

(: Isa :)  – (13 augustus 2011 om 10:50)  

Hmm I hadn't heard of these books before, but they do sound promising! And it is nice that I could read this one as a stand alone. :)

Jenny N.  – (13 augustus 2011 om 13:06)  

I'm always up for a cute and fun read. I will have to add both books to my reading list.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (13 augustus 2011 om 15:54)  

Oh these sound so cute. I'll have to read them in order. LOL

the epic rat  – (13 augustus 2011 om 18:06)  

I am wondering how Split by a Kiss and Swapped by a Kiss work together - so almost the same story but different character perspectives? Or different story altogether? Either way, I am game to find out :D

It almost reminds me of Something Borrowed & Something Blue by Emily Giffin, but for a much younger audience.

Nic @ Irresistible Reads  – (13 augustus 2011 om 18:41)  

This definitely sounds like a feel good read. Awesome review :)

Missie  – (14 augustus 2011 om 00:27)  

Super cute cover. I'm glad to know the companion novel was just as good as the first.

Fun review, Nina. Thanks

mummazappa  – (14 augustus 2011 om 05:31)  

I hadn't heard of this series before, but I do like this idea, it's fun to think of seeing the world from another's perspective!

A Canadian Girl  – (14 augustus 2011 om 12:38)  

I haven't heard of this series but it definitely sounds like a fun read. I'll add both to my wishlist.

Lauren  – (15 augustus 2011 om 13:43)  

I keep hearing a lot of a good things about Luisa Playa and her books, so I think I may have to check this one (as well as Split by a Kiss) out sometime. This one specifically sounds really awesome, though, and since I liked the movie Freaky Friday when I was younger, I think I may enjoy this one quite a bit.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP