Cum Laude by Cecily von Ziegesar

Title: Cum Laude
Written by: Cecily von Ziegesar
Release date: June,2010
Pages: 272
Source: Bought

My Feelings:



Description:
They're here for a higher education . . . and you won't believe how far they'll go.
Dexter College is a small liberal arts college in the quiet town of Home, Maine. But it won't stay quiet for long with this group of freshmen. There's Shipley--blonde and beautiful, the object of envy and more than a little lust. Determined to assert herself and to shed her good-girl image, she buys cigarettes and condoms, because that's what every self-respecting college girl does. Her edgy roommate, Eliza, came to Dexter to get noticed, and she has the attitude and the mouth to prove it. Then there's Tom. Handsome, privileged, used to getting his own way, he's a jock-turned-artist who thinks his paintings will change the world. Sensitive Nick, Tom's wake-and-bake pot-smoking roommate, wants to follow in the footsteps of his boarding-school hero. And then there are brother and sister Adam and Tragedy Gatz. The freckle-faced farm boy lives at home with his parents and his little sister, who does all she can to stop him from being a wuss.
As Shipley, Eliza, Tom, Nick, and Adam find out, that first year of college is more than credits and cramming. Between the lust and the love, the secrecy and the scandal, they'll all receive an unexpected education. It's a time of shifting alliances, unrequited crushes, and coming of age. Find Yourself is Dexter's motto. And they are determined to do just that.

My Review:
Cum Laude is the first book I read that is written by Cecily von Ziegesar. Shocking right? I mean I am a massive fan of the TV show Gossip Girl, but never read a Gossip Girl book. So when I found out that Cecily von Ziegesar written this book I knew I had to buy a copy of it.

The characters were interesting. They all had their own secrets and insecurities to hide. There wasn’t any depth to any of these characters, but there wasn’t any need for it.
I couldn’t relate to the characters, but I could relate to the experience they had with their first year of college. The late night cramming sessions at the library, going to Starbucks to get loads of coffee to feel awake in the mornings and not knowing where this will all lead.

I liked the plot a lot. It wasn’t full of drama like the Gossip Girl show, but there was still enough to keep me entertained. Every little thing that happened to these characters was fabulous to read about and at the end there even was a bit of suspense.

Cum Laude won’t be the first and last book I read written by this author. I’m curious to find out more about these characters and what will happen to them when they are in their second year of college.

Blodeuedd  – (24 september 2011 om 05:31)  

Gossip girl is too drama for me. I need my drama ...eh, do not know. At least this one sounds better :)

Kelsey  – (24 september 2011 om 07:26)  

I enjoyed the Gossip Girl books quite a book- they are a fun guilty pleasure series :)

I'm glad you enjoyed this one- I'll have to check it out!

Lisa  – (24 september 2011 om 08:26)  

I just picked up this book a couple months ago. I was looking for something that was older than YA, but not yet adult.

Melissa (Books and Things)  – (24 september 2011 om 11:39)  

I've never seen Gossip Girl, I must admit. I am so glad you enjoyed this one. I love it when you find an author and then gobble up all their work!

Leanna (Daisy Chain Book Reviews)  – (25 september 2011 om 06:20)  

I thought this was a quick, fun read, but kinda forgettable...

....Petty Witter  – (26 september 2011 om 06:27)  

A shame that you couldn't relate to the characters though you seem to have enjoyed the book anyway.

Jenny N.  – (26 september 2011 om 08:24)  

I haven't read any of her books either and I love GG so maybe I will try out this series since it takes place in college.

Een reactie plaatsen

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP